S'PLAIN ME LUCY
The entire country is reeling from the slaughter of the Oshrenko family A'H by some foreign hit man/men. Well, at least I hope they are foreigners. I don't even want to think that these murderers walk amongst us.
Six people were butchered viciously with a knife...
the grandmother/grandfather/mother/father/three year old daughter and four month old son.
I was going to write a blog about that but words escape me. It is just too big to grasp.
Then, we have the water problem...or should I say the LACK of water problem. If it doesn't rain soon and rain a lot we are in deeeeeeep doodoo. The Jerusalem Post today writes that our options include portable desalination plants or importing water from Turkey.
Turkey??? The country we put on the map??? The one we made rich when they opened their doors to Israelis and finally we had a neighbour we could go visit which we did and did and did again. That Turkey? The one when they had that terrible earthquake and we sent in team after team to find the survivors and set up hospital tents to care for the wounded? That Turkey? Or maybe it is the one that is now showing a TV series where IDF soldiers are shooting and killing innocent little Turkish children? We want THEIR WATER?
Do you remember the scene from the movie The Color Purple where Celie is bringing Mister a glass of water? And she spits in it?
No Mister Turkey. I DON'T THINK WE WANT YOUR WATER.
Are they nuts?
Then I was going to write a blog about how I am addicted to chocol...I mean books. I buy them. I store them. I stack them in the spare room waiting to be read.
But, when I opened my email this morning and read a post from my friend s.f.plangerl I know what I was going to blog. Here it is folks. From the Canadian Free Press:
First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants July 7, 2009 Dr. Paul L. Williams
"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said.
"See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, " Michelle Obama
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.
Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War.
And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary. How things have changed!
If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:
1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11.. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M.. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady) 20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
This total damm near $1.6 Million Dollars, that’s just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life.. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe .
Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652
Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.