Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Y IS FOR YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Y is for Yahoooooooooo...you know those moments when, if you still could, you would throw caution to the wind, throw your arms up in the air and jump as high as you can. I love Yahoooo.  Actually it is almost as good as 'Get the hell out of here!!!'

The person who makes me say 'Get the hell out of here' is my brother in Colorado. He does stuff and he knows stuff and he fiddles around with stuff that never ceases to amaze me. He can do things on a computer that only my mayven downtown knows how to do. He set up my web page. He made my gorgeous calling cards. Now, you may think that is a simple thing, but as a writer and a person who never leaves the house without an owl pin attached to her shirt, sweater or whatever, I wanted my calling card to have an owl perched on a fountain pen.

Not just any pen...a fountain pen. See, is there anything classier or sexier than a real fountain pen? With real ink inside that you have to either change a cartridge or dip into an ink well. 

Gorgeous isn't she? Took hours to get the claws and pen right. And my brother had the patience and the talent to do it. Yahooooooooo.

And from that the callling card emerged.
A little Hebrew...a little English...a lovely owl...a fountain pen...my cup runneth over. It isn't often you get something that is exactly what you want and I have learned that it is the little things that make the biggest impact. Oh, and from that the web page emerged. www.marallyn.com  Yahooooooo.

Y can also stand for Yiddish...my favourite language...yenteh...yold...yotz.

Or songs...Yes, We Have No Bananans...Yesterday...Yellow Submarine (would the Beatles have been as successful without Yah, Yah, Yah?)...You Are My Destiny...You Are My Sunshine.

Here is my joke of the day entitled TWO YOLDS AND ONE MICROPHONE
SARKOZY TO OBAMA: I can't stand him any more (Bibi). He's a liar!
OBAMA TO SARKOZY: You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day.

As of this writing, I have not heard Bibi's reply. HE is walking away with Yichess...THEY are revealed as Yolds...or words that begin with other letters...sigh.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Chavaleh said...

"YAH" is also short for JEHOVAH or YAHWEH. Hope YAH blesses you today and everyday.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous chavaleh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

chavaleh!!! how good to hear from you!!! and to you too my dear friend

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous marcy said...

Hi Marallyn,
Why the owl?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiii marcy...thanks for asking...when i was very young my Dad A'H always quoted about the wise old owl who sat in an oak...and then one day i got a gorgeous pewter owl as a gift...it made me feel really happy and i started collecting them...i love my owls :)))

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home