Tuesday, May 03, 2011

E IS FOR...

E is for 'elderly'. Sigh. I think I'm in the elderly category. I'm not old, I don't think, even though my babies and children sometimes think I'm ancient...over the hill. You know the look they give you that says, 'Motherrrrrr!"

Yup, elderly is good. I've earned it. I worked hard for the title. I have the gray hair and aches and pains that go hand-in-hand with it.

But do not think I am depressed about it. NAY NAY. I love being me! I love the stages I have managed to survive and enjoy...depending on the stage...some were not so hotsey-totsey.

E is also for ElAl...the Israeli airline, for those who don't know. ElAl changed my life. One trans-Atlantic flight and voila a new me was born! But that's for another blog.

There are definitely great advantages of being my age. I don't have to get up in the middle of the night because the baby is crying. I don't have to fight with the teacher at school who isn't smart enough to realize the genius of the child I have put into her safekeeping.  I don't have to work for a boss who needs to make me dumb in order for him/her to look smart. The only boss I have these days is 'me' and I'm smart all the time. Well, you know what I mean.

And I'm old enough to get on an airplane and visit family and friends for more than ten days-two weeks max!

Bubbie Channah is gone. Every time I say that my brother looks at me and says, "She is?" You were there kiddo and as you said this Channukah when you came to visit..."You remember how bad it was? Well it was worse."

Now our Mother is with our Father who art in heaven...yup they deserve to be playing klabberjass (pronounced klab-yash---great game---Google it) with the relatives and maybe a few biggies like Moses or Abraham...I don't think Sarah plays cards but then what do I know?

So, my Mom A'H is gone and although I miss her more and more and more, I am free. And, my children, God bless them tfu tfu tfu are all grown up and out of the house. Well, Joe College came back for a few months to study for the Bar. Soon, he will spread his wings again and I'll empty nest again. (Don't tell anyone, but once you get used to it, the empty nest thing ain't so bad at all....shhhhhh.)

So! For the first time ever, I'm not going to be teaching this summer. Nope. Instead I'm taking my tush and putting it in a plane and coming to the States and Canada! For EIGHT WEEKS! I don't remember ever making a trip that long. Yahoo, I'm elderly and my Mom is gone and my kids are out of the house and I can go and have a hellova great time visiting the people I love...like YOU.

Okay. Here's the agenda...second week in July is Florida...four or five days
                                         third week is Los Angeles
                                         next three weeks is Colorado
                                         final three weeks is Windsor/Detroit/Toronto tfu tfu tfu again.

So, if you are in any of those places during those times and want to meet for a hug and/or coffee let me know. I can't wait to see you!

See, I told you elderly is good.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.
ps. thank you all for reading my blogs and for the many many emails you have written...means a lot!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home