Sunday, June 07, 2009

COME ON OVER FOR COFFEE...I'LL BRING ROGELACH

I was told by a friend who I really love and respect that I should stop reading stuff and stop listening to the news and enjoy my life.

What a great idea. But, see I don't live in a place where that is really possible. I live in a place where we were once warned not to go around with headphones as we walked in the street so we could hear the terrorists shout Allah hu Akbar before they knifed us from behind. I am serious. Deadly serious.

I live in a place where during the last intifada, I didn't know for months who would be coming home alive and/or well every evening. And, I had to send my children to school and my husband to work and my Mom to the grocery store and myself into town where my learning center was located...and hit twice by two suicide bombers.

I live in a place where talking to God is a local call. I live in a place where Kings walked. I live in a place where old olive trees watched two Temples being destroyed...well, I'm not sure about that one but it sounds good and it could be true. :)

I live in a place where Jesus was born...lived...and died. Come here I'll show you where he walked.

I live in a place where a champion tennis player's mother lived upstairs from me. Where Ehud Barak's brother lived down the hall from me. I live in a place where I can see AND TALK TO our chaveri Knesset...our members of parliament... in any restaurant in town. I have seen them and I have talked to them. And they were kind and gracious and lovely. Two were at my neice's wedding...Uzi Landau and Limor Livnat.

I live in a place where politicians are family, where policemen are relatives, where doctors are related to the man who owns the little store down the street and asks to be remembererd to the owner.

I live in a place where if I am ever, God forbid, in trouble, the people who come to my rescue are family.

I live in a place where I am surrounded by people who want me dead. I live in a place where my cousins spell PEACE P-I-E-C-E. I live in a place where they won't be satisfied until they own all the pieces. Down to the last grain of sand.

I live in a place where God told Moses He wanted his people to live. And prosper.

I live in a place that God gave the Jews.

And there is room for everyone. Every peace loving person.

I just don't recognize them or know who they are. I see them in my shopping centers and my streets and my hospitals. They are free to come and go.

If I go near any of their places I have been warned that I may not come back alive.

How come they can and I can't?

Maybe it is because I live in a place that sees them as people...that is happy and willing to share everything we have with them.

It used to be that American leaders talked about that great country as a free home for Christians and Jews. Have any of you noticed we have been shoved into third place? Lost our silver and have to be content with bronze. I don't know why but every time I hear him say 'Christians...Muslims...and Jews' it rankles.

That is not true. You and I both know why...but I am tired of doing my imitation of Chicken Little screaming The Sky is Falling!!! The Sky is Falling!!!

But, I won't stop until I am certain that the things that really are falling from the skies over Israel are not things which will hurt us, kill us, or, God forbid erase us from the map.

I know they want to...I know they'd like to...I just don't know if they are brave enought to try to.

But, I do know that helping them get braver is not good for any of us. I loved reading that Hillary said there would be great repercussions if Iran bombed us. Did that make you feel better? What exactly does that mean? And how is that going to be good or bad for the Jews, as Bubbie Channah would ask. I mean, if we are now toast what the hell would we care about repercussions?

I would have felt a lot better if she had said that if they even THINK of bombing us etc. etc. etc. Sigh...

What do you think?

Thank you for all your emails...for those who disagree with me and for those who see things as I do. I am thrilled to hear from you all.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

7 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marallyn,

We are meeting again tonight and will be praying AGAIN for the Peace of Jerusalem and for all of our brothers and sisters that live in Israel.

You live in an amazing place, the place with God's name upon it. The one and true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. May He continue to protect His own.

With love from a sister in the US

Sandra

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous l and b said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL AND EXPRESSIVE COMPOSITION! THIS SHOULD BE IN EVERY MAJOR NEWSPAPER THERE AND HERE! CONGRATS MARALLYN ON A TOUR DE FORCE OF WRITING! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY SAFE!!!!

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Chava said...

YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK!!!
And you're very wise and very smart.
Those who say "you should be ashamed of yourself", well,
they are not very wise and certainly not smart. They just
don't get it.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous David said...

Your blogs are amazing. I salute how hazahk and ameetz you are. Have a wonderful. I am at the office and skypeable most of the day. Love, Dov

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous the Guv said...

Loved your blog today. REALLY. I loved it. But, Sweetums, I did NOT tell you NOT to read, or, NOT to be prepared. What I DID tell you NOT to do, was read series and series of doom and gloom books based on the Saracens and Knights Templar.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thank you one and all...i have written to you via email...

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Marallyn,

I have been out of town all week and just now reading your wonderful and as always well stated post and it gives me joy to see my friend, Sandra, had left you a comment.

Many of of here in the U.S. are standing with you and Israel. Be assured ot that.

I would love to visit the Holy Land and Jerusalem but I don't think I will ever get that dream. You give me a very informative window into it though and I thank you for that.

Your sister and friend,
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home