Friday, May 20, 2011

P IS FOR...

Funny how things work out. I had been planning to write: P is for Psalms and tell you the story of how I started reading Tehilim (Psalms).

See, my youngest kid was in the army and he wasn't feeling too great. For those of you who don't know, once a kid goes into the army, the army is responsible for them. Well, maybe not responsible for making them sing Sweet Sue all day long, but as parents we have to take a back seat until they finish their tour of duty.

Not exactly my best place to sit...in the back seat. See, the only reason I bought my kids cell phones was so that I could have instant gratification every time I got nervous about where they were. Ok, so there were days when I was nervous all the time but that is for another blog...Crazy Jewish Mother...oh wait...wait...we did all those letters already PTEW!

So, my kid wasn't feeling great and, not knowing what else to do, I phoned my daughter-in-law. She is from B'nei Brak...religious...married my kid who became religious at the age of twelve. But, I've told you about that already. Anyhow, I phoned her and asked her to please, when she says tehilim to give a prayer for the kid.

And she said... are you ready for this??? And she said, 'You know, of course, that it will be much stronger if that prayer comes from his mother.'

Screwed! I was screwed. Okay, okay tell me where and what. I had a bunch of psalm books all over the place...you know 'just in case' books that you throw into your purse before taking off on a long journey, for example.

I started reading Psalms. And I added more and more. And I started reading the Hebrew side of the page. And I loved it!!!Ten, fifteen minutes a day of quiet Jewish meditation...me, God and David's Psalms.

Then I underlined special psalms that had a special meaning to me and started saying them every day along with whatever portion I was at.

Then, I decided to add a little mystical/shmystical and would close the book, ask a question, open the book randomly and put my finger on a line. And lo and behold, I started getting answers to my questions. And I added those sentences to my daily reading.

Psalms is good. And strong. And special. Try it...you'll like it.

See, I was going to tell you all that, but yesterday I left the house at 8 in the morning and Perle Mesta didn't get home till nearly 11 at night! I had a hellova grand day!!!

Now, let's get back to mystical/shmystical. See, as a person with the wooszh and an astrologer who doesn't  believe in coincidence...I was meant NOT to write yesterday.

Why??? Ask me...go ahead. BECAUSE P ALSO STANDS FOR PRESIDENT AND POTUS!!! And yesterday he gave a speech. And yesterday he put Israel, and all of us and then all of you in a very bad place.

Those of you who know me know exactly what I think of the...there are so many words I could write here...and davka in four languages. All of them quite descriptive. All of them quite accurate even though I don't know much about his mother...

Israel is appalled! Furious! And, maybe a little more frightened then usual. What the hell is wrong with that man? I know the answer to that question. Do YOU???

And P also stands for Pharoh. See, there arose a new Pharoh who knew not Joseph. He too was a very bad man.

Some days I feel like Jeremiah and others like Chicken Little screaming THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Bubbie Channah would simply have said GEVALT!!!

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home