Friday, August 11, 2006

WHAT'S A GIRL LIKE YOU DOING IN A PLACE LIKE THIS?

This morning I cried. At work. All alone. I turned on Galei Zahal and listened to a father talk about his son, the soldier, who was just killed.

I cried. The first time this War. I've heard the sirens; I've seen the carnage; I've looked at the pictures of our murdered children, but didn't cry.

What's wrong with me? Don't I care any more? Have two wars and two intifadas frozen my heart?

Then I realised, I don't have time right now for sentiment. We are in the middle of a very very dangerous situation and no one knows the outcome. No, that's not true. We all know the outcome. What we don't know is what is going to happen in the next five minutes.

Will they start bombing Tel Aviv and Jerusalem? Will our Prime Minister finally get off his tuchess and give the okay to move our troups and maybe save lives if not the entire country?

I am very good in tight situations. Actually, I am really very good in tight situations. It's afterwards that I fall apart. But, right now I simply don't have time to fall apart. Right now, I'm in the middle of a war.

Not only am I in the middle of a war, but I've been delegated the 'spectator seat' . For those of you who know me personally, you can just imagine how frustrated I am having no control whatsoever about what is going on.

So, I do the next best thing. I shout at the television! I wave my fist at the radio. I know they can't hear me, but somehow it makes me feel a whole lot better. Like loosening your girdle, it relieves some pressure.

Please pray for our sweet soldiers and the brave people up north. I wonder if there is a prayer that would give Olmert the you know what's that he is missing right now.

Ah now that would be another miracle in the Holy Land!!!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you shalt consume all the peoples that the L-rd your G-d shall deliver unto you; your eye shall not pity them; neither shall you serve their gods; for that will be a snare unto you."
Deuteronomy 7:16

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHSEH SHALOM BIM'ROHMAV HU YA'ASEH SHALOM ALEINU V'AL KOL YISRAEL V'IMRU OMANE.

The Guv

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mar look after yourself..I can't imagine what it is like living with the continued pressure day after day..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home