Monday, July 31, 2006

Damned if we do...Damned if we don't

As the Arabs are busy celebrating and handing out sweets every time a Jew is maimed or killed, I have to ask myself, once again, 'Who are these crazy people?'

After living in Israel for so long, I can safely tell you that I finally understand the Israelis. And trust me, (have I ever lied to you?) they are a great group of men and women. Now that leaves me with the cousins...them I don't think I will ever understand.

A word about Qana. I'm sorry. The Israeli government is sorry. The Israeli Army is sorry. The Israeli man and woman in the street is sorry. We are so sorry we are halting all air force activity which will protect our own soldiers for the next forty-eight hours.

But, I can assure you that we are not dancing in the street...we are not handing out sweets...and I'm not even sure we are the cause of the building falling down.

We hit it around midnight after days and days of warning the population to get the hell out of there. A normal person would high tail it off to the hills...but we are not dealing here with normal people. Then the building remained standing for approximately seven more hours.

A miracle? Nope. G-d saves His miracles for the Chosen. So how come the building fell down? Were there piles of ammunition in the basement that started becoming unstable?

I don't know. What do I know? I can tell you how to make a nice Spharadi cholent. I know how to knit pretty baby sweaters. I know how to help a kid who is failing in school. I even know how to cut and paste these blogs from a word document to the blog place.

And I know something else too. You know and I know that we are right. That we are doing the world's job right now.

So stop damning us. You would do the same and have if not more,all you government leaders. Oh, that brings me to one more point.

I love it that France wants to head the UN forces in Lebanon. France that is supplying the stuff to Iran? France that hates Israel? France, who after we paid for all the boats, wouldn't let them out of Cherbourg and we had to sneak them out in the middle of the night? That France?

Isn't that kinda like asking the cat to guard the milk?

Ok, I'm off to the city. Oh, and thank you all for your letters and mail. I have just made you unofficial Israelis too. Sing after me...Hava Nagila...

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

3 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love reading these, thank you so very much... and I forward them...(under the title of 'another excellent piece') - ok off to bed...

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am suffering from a toothache that has turned my mouth into a pulsating, painful pit, and my brain into a cow pasture. Sorry, can't string enough intelligent words together to comment sufficiently on your last two marvellous blogs.

" Aching" to tell you at length just how brilliant I think you are, but it will just have to wait.

The Guv

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hava nagila, dear friend----heat getting to me---best I can do is rest and go to bed early---your writing continues to hit the mark----talk soon ----peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home