Sunday, August 06, 2006

My First Hate Mail

Yesterday I received an email, sent by a man named Marc. I looked him up on Google. Marc is his real name and he gave his real email address. He lives in San Fransisco and is a recognized figure in the entertainment industry.

At that point, I phoned my Maeshey in California...who I KNOW is a famous figure in the entertainment industry and told him that I want to reply to this email. Maeshey had never heard of Marc, but said, "You want to answer this, then you should." Everyone loves Maeshey.

OK. Here is the email:

"Received an e-mail from a friend about dangerous times...

Let me tell you, some of us here are appalled by the disproportionate
use of force from the Israeli's.

Personally I'm sick of the American government giving money to
Israel instead of tending to poor people here. Think of the use of MY
taxpayers dollars towards Katrina victims, instead of the bombs used
on Lebanon.

Personally after your governments barbaric use of force I question
the right of Israel to exist. If your reaction can only be to show
the world how big your dick is you don't deserve to be in the
playground.

Don't think just because the media is dominated by monied special
interests all Americans are
pro-Israeli . Some of us are appalled by your actions, just as we are
appalled by the action of
Bush and Iraq."

Well, well, I thought. Oy Vey, I thought. HMMMMMM, I thought.
And here is my reply:

"dear marc...thanks for writing...even though i find it difficult to read
that you think i shouldn't exist...

two questions...how did you get my email...and what would you have done if hezbollah had crossed over your borders/kidnapped two of your soldiers/and rained katyushas on your family?...

oh and by the way...whenever we get into trouble here, we pool
our shekels and help each other out...

you have enough gazillionaires in hollywood to have not only helped the victims of katrina but to have given them a better life...

and, we don't believe in waving our dick
around for the sake of a little fresh air...

have a good day...stay safe...shalom, marallyn

p.s. israel is only a little snack...YOU
are their main meal...please watch the videoclip...obsession...
www.obsessionthemovie.com
and then lets talk again..."


The truth is that I would love to have a dialogue going with this man. Not because I think he's going to be my best friend, but he is the kind of person I think this message has to reach out to.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE TALKING TO YOU. But zvishen unz, entres nous, between us...talking to you my darlings is like preaching to the choir.

Shavuah tov...a good week...

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

9 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Geologychick said...

I just came across your Blog for the first time tonight and I can't believe that people could say such things! If missiles were fired into the US from Mexico, does "Marc" think that we would say, "Oh come on now...please stop that." Or does he think the US would go in there and eliminate these terrorists... I think the latter! Keep up the good writings and please be safe!

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh during your last blog. None of what is going on in the world is even remotely funny. Nonetheless, why would someone..just some random person send hate mail..To a woman who knits baby sweaters? Have you been secretly running this war all by yourself?

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear geologychick...thank you sooooo much for writing...there are a lot of 'marc's out there and sooner or later they will will know that you and i are right...the sooner the better cuz i don't think i'll look great in a burkah :)...again thanks for dropping in and saying hi...stay safe and hug that little baby for me too :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear anonymous...thanks for writing...to tell you the truth i was really surprised too...he never answered me as to how he found me...but hey since i'm still waiting to hear from him, maybe my watchamakallit is bigger than his...oy i don't believe i just said that :)i know...i'll knit him a sweater...that has always been the kiss of death...stay safe and again thank you so much for writing

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend,
I'm so sorry you have to be subjected to such moronic attitudes. The guy is from San Francisco (you know, the city whose Mayor is a freaking lunatic) which is located in the beautiful State of California...(where the absurd Ninth Circuit Court presides). San Francisco is also where Haight and Ashbury Streets meet, and where the hippy movement began. A productive day to them was smoking joints, shooting-up and snorting. Is there any wonder "Marc'" has mush for brains? They've all had too much Kool-aid to drink!! I doubt he will look at the "Obsession" video, and if he does, he'll think it is all propaganda. I admire you for your wit and restraint in responding to him. I think we should send "Marc-y boy" a one-way ticket to Iran so he can find out first hand how easy it is to reason with terrorists. I'm sure they would be glad to hand him his head on a silver platter!
Keep up the great blog my friend, and stay safe. My prayers are with you and all of Israel, especially the IDF. Shabbat Shalom.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks chavah...to tell you the truth i was kinda shocked...but then i viewed it as a chance to reach out and maybe jog his mind a bit...as always i am thrilled to have you in my corner...thanks for caring and sharing...stay safe...smooches

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although you were RIGHT to answer "Marc"..problem is, he is not answerable!! You are NEVER going to change the minds of the mindless..nor convince the unconvinceable!! Truly knowledgeable people don't need to be answered or re-minded or convinced. They KNOW what RIGHT is!
I heard the horrific news, this morning, of the shameful loss of life near Kiryat Shmona (sp? in the latest Hesbollah (may they go immediately to their Muslim heaven!) attack! I didn't think I had more tears to shed...I do!! Never mind Iran, Marc should be sent to Lebanon..there he'll learn of the wonder of terror, first hand! Oh, by the by, when fundamentalist Muslims take over California (as well as the rest of North America, by virtue of their growing numbers), WOW, will Marc be thrilled! YOU GO MARC
..preferably far away! LOVE YOU Marallyn for your gitskeit (goodness) and kleigshaft (intelligence)...keep up YOUR 'good work'..AND STAY SAFE!!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reply to his e-mail, Giveret !

This choir member ( Row 186, fifteenth from the left, in the Alto's section ) is singing , " Hallelujah". With gusto !

But, quite frankly, the ignorant f---er didn't deserve an intelligent answer.

The Guv

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home