Tuesday, June 09, 2009

TIME OUT FOR FUN :)

I'M GREEN!!! I just came back from the makolet...like a 7/11 up the street. Since I only needed a few things, I took my handy green DON'T USE PLASTIC BAGS bag.

I love my bag. I love it so much I bought four of them. I feel so righteous when I fill it up and tell the people at the cash registers, "No, thanks. I'm green!"

Of course we will not discuss how much stuff can fit into those bags and just how heavy they become. Nope. I fill my bag and bending down, ease my arm through the loops, adjust the two straps onto my shoulder, lock my knees and wabble home.

There are just some things you do that make you feel good. My green bags are one...saving water is another.

Coming from a country rich in water, it took me quite some time go get used to the shortages we have in the Middle East, and this year is the worst it has been in a long time.

It is so bad that there are commercials on TV. Famous people tell us we have to cut back on water and save the Kinneret...the Sea of Galilee. As they are talking their faces begin to crack like dry mud in the desert. Very effective.

I now dampen my dishes...turn off the water...soap them and clean with the spongee thing...turn the water back on and rinse. I do the same in the shower...well without the spongee thing.

So, now I have green bags and watch my water consumption. We have plastic bottles in the toilet tanks so that controls the amount of water in the tanks.

I don't buy syrofoam anything...that clogs the environment like shmaltz in your arteries.

I throw away my plastic bottles in the special bin set up next to the makolet.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this, except I thought we would take a break from the OHMYGOD WHATTHEHELL ISGOINGON emails I have been sending lately.

I think that is known as comic relief. (Between us, I always felt the saddest person in the circus was the clown...ahhhhh Pagliacci.)


When I graduated from Wayne State, I moved into a lovely apartment in Royal Oak, Michigan with a girlfriend. There were three apartments on each floor and we were on the ground level. It was a great place...great.

On our floor were two bachelors...David, a young Chrysler exec, and Maynor, a salesman from Lubbock, Texas.


After three weeks, Maynor came up to me one day and said, "Darlin', you are so green if you stand on a mountain, no one will ever find you."

OY!

That was the first time I went from being a greenhorn to just being green!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

ps. In my last post is a terrible typo...Uzi Landau...not Uri...vey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home