Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sleepless in Jerusalem

Thank you for writing and for calling. Your prayers as well as your love and concern are like a fabulous umbrella and so greatly appreciated.

And so is the change in world opinion. What? We’re not that sh---y little country? We’re not the bad occupiers? We maybe deserve the same chance that everyone else has to defend ourselves?

Sorry if I sound bitter. But every time we get an open window that might just let us finish the job so that we, and the rest of the world, can get on with our lives, it starts.

Words like ‘ceasefire’… ‘pullback’… Then a little slap on the wrist and we lick our wounds while the evil sons of Ishmael regroup, laugh like hell, and continue stockpiling.

You know it. We know it. And it has to be to someone’s advantage to continue the charade.

I wear many hats. I’m the wife of…the mother of…the sister of…the daughter of…the Bubbie of…the executive…the writer…and the astrologer.

Lately the mystical part of my hat has been tingling…oy I do so love that hat in Harry Potter :}.

When my youngest saw the amulets I had on a necklace he turned to me and said,
‘Imma, less is more!’

Poor child has lived with the crazy astrology lady all his life and whenever I get that faraway look in my eyes, my kids smile and shake their heads.

Of course, they never travel without checking with me first. And I’m a favourite guest whenever their friends come over. Sometimes it’s really good to be ‘that astrology lady’.

Yesterday as the rockets continued to destroy our northern part of the country, I prayed that this time we would be left alone to finish it finally. How come whenever Israel does something wrong, we say, “OY, I’m sorry.” But I never heard the other side say anything like that.

They blow up the world, scream ‘ouch ouch ouch’ when they get a splinter, and for some reason the world runs to put a bandage on their cuts.

Evil walks the planet. And it is reproducing. And if you don’t want to cut the head off the snake, then for heaven’s sake let us do it. ‘Cuz I’m telling you, we here in Israel are not the main course. We are just a stain on their vision of an all Muslim Middle East.

I pray for our family and friends up north who are today’s real heroes. I pray for our soldiers. I pray for our three kidnapped brothers. And I pray that when those damn rockets and missiles start raining down on Tel Aviv and Jerusalem that we will show them that they can’t have our city and they can’t have our country!

Which brings me back to my son and ‘less is more’. Less rhetoric. More pressure on the powers that be to let is finally take out the real threat to peace in the Middle East and then I think we should all go out for coffee and cake. I’ll treat.

Have a good day…stay safe…and thanks for dropping in.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll hand you the knife and watch with joy while you cut off the head of the demonic snake!! Where are we meeting for coffee & cake. I'm ready!! Just make sure that sucker is good and dead!

Standing with you, just like Joshua & Caleb stood with Moses. You are being held up in prayer.

Stay safe, stay strong.
Hugs,
Chavah

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Chapters of the Fathers


" The world is sustained by three things: by truth, by justice, and by peace."

Easy recipe to follow.
Too,too bad not everyone can find all the ingredients !

The Guv.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let me know that everything is okay. I worry, as do the others who love you,
Naomi

"Life is understood looking backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - Kierkegaard

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYING FOR YOUR SAFETY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home