Wednesday, October 11, 2006

UPDATE ON NOA

Just a quick review first.
Noa is my neighbour's daughter and sister to my youngest son's best friend since they were two. Noa went to India for a couple of weeks vacation on Friday, September 22, 2006. She borrowed her brother's backpack. The brother just got out of milluim, army reserves, and unknown to anyone had placed a magazine of bullets (16) for his army pistol inside and forgotten all about it. When Noa landed in Mombai she was arrested for having the bullets...a bit-time offence over there.

Noa was arrested and a few days later released on bail while she waits her trial! They kept her passport. She was allowed to travel inside the country and had to show up yesterday for the trial.

There was a balagan, mixup, over some paperwork...I think caused by her own lawyer and the trial was postponed. Now the date is this coming Monday.

Needless to say everyone is a nervous wreck. Her family is back in Israel and had hoped that yesterday the entire nightmare would be over and their prayers would be answered and Noa would be home.

So, for now, Noa, her family, and all their friends are waiting. And praying. And hoping that this will have a happy ending.

I'm not good at waiting. I failed waiting. I don't know how they're doing it.
My prayers are with Noa bat Chagit and all her family.

Thanks for all your emails and phone calls. The family really appreciates all your caring and concern.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

13 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Val said...

Thanks for the update.. I had read about this over at my brother (Treppenwitz)'s blog and wondered if there was a good update to be found.
I'll keep praying for her and her family.
I,too, failed patience - MANY times!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Mark Brown said...

Ouchies. That hurts, and she got on the plane too.

It hurts almost as much as:
Having a President elected, who was installed by a cabal of neo-con fascists, who are brining THE US into a feudal monarchy.

IT hurts as much as having a president who's BROKEN our constitution, declared war on TWO countries, and managed to even screw up dealing with a 3rd world power like N. Korea.

Sigh.

I do hope Noa gets out, and back home safely

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Mark Brown said...

Ouchies. That hurts, and she got on the plane too.

It hurts almost as much as:
Having a President elected, who was installed by a cabal of neo-con fascists, who are brining THE US into a feudal monarchy.

IT hurts as much as having a president who's BROKEN our constitution, declared war on TWO countries, and managed to even screw up dealing with a 3rd world power like N. Korea.

Sigh.

I do hope Noa gets out, and back home safely-- PS:

Take a Look HERE

markieMark

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom markieMark...i hope noa gets out too...

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

val!!! i didn't know that trepp was your brother!!! no wonder i love reading both your blogs...thanks for caring...it's still quite a mess...stay safe

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noa Bat Chagit, her family and her friends are in my prayers.

The Guv

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks guv...must be a reason for all this...but try as i might, i can't find one...scary

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

Dear Marallyn,
I didn't know about Noa. We'll all daven for her over here. Keep us
posted, o.k.? Have a safe day,
Love,
Nancy

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks nancy...i sure will...smooches

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read a response that makes me not want to "play nice", but it's your blog, so I will behave.

Noa and family remain in my prayers. I feel everything will turn out okay, and this will all be nothing more than an (expensive) inconvenience.

I'm comforted knowing we elected a President who has done a excellent job protecting us these past 5 years, who respects our Constitution and honors the oath he took to protect it. It's is unfortunate that he is having to deal with the incompetence and failed policies of the previous administration in dealing with Bin Laden and N.Korea, leaving a mess for our President to deal with. It's unfortunate that some people are so simple-minded as to believe the fictitious stories of the make-believers in Hollywood and their comrads in Wash. D.C. It's simply ludicrous that they bring such shame on our country. Nice, no?

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Val said...

yep... Trep's my brother! But I think that even if he weren't, I'd still read that blog of his. He's quite a writer. I just dabble compared to him!
I enjoy your writing, as well.
Stay safe, too!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

and i drop in every day to see what is going on in your life as well...and trepp is the best...oy this is soooooo good...shabbat shalom val and give your girls a hug from me too...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

you play nice real good chavaleh...and thanks for your prayers...they mean a lot to me and mine...stay safe my dear friend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home