Tuesday, November 07, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Like everyone I love birthdays. I think the day a person was born is as special as his/her name. But I am terrible when it comes to remembering dates. I think it has to do with never having to remember telephone numbers any more...they are all written inside my phone...cell phone...iPAQ.

I used to remember everyone's phone numbers. And street addresses. But now with the push of a little button the little lady who lives inside my phone looks you up for me.

Flashing back to Lily Tomlin as Ernestine...One ringy-dingy...Two ringy-dingy. Ahhhhh the good 'ol days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Tomlin

A couple of days ago a dear friend, Frances from Tel Aviv, sent me a wonderful site...birthday alarm. So, I went and checked it out...and wrote the following email to my list:

Hi, I'm setting up a birthday calendar and need your help. Just click (or copy and paste) the link below and enter your birthday details. (It's quick, easy and you can keep your age secret!)...
http://www.birthdayalarm.com/dob/75349297a524680516b362

...and guess what? Almost thirty people answered. So now I can wish them all a happy birthday and not forget their special day. I would love to wish you a happy birthday too...so, if you fill in the information on the site I will be able to join my good wishes with everyone else on your birthday.

Oh! And for those of you who are interested...my birthday is July 11, 19#*...you didn't really think I would fill that in here for the world to see, now did you?

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

11 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, cummon now ! There's not a reason in the world that your readers shouldn't know that you were born July 11, 1935 !

The Guv
May 7th, 1970

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv!!! welcome back...was lonely here without you...you are bad guv...very very bad (any also hysterical)...stay safe...1935 my aunt fanny!!!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, if memory serves me, your Aunt Fanny was born around 1904. Hell, her son Herb must have been born close to 1935 !

The Guv

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, if memory serves me, your Aunt Fanny was born around 1904. Hell, her son Herb must have been born close to 1935 !

The Guv

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hey you are absolutely right...i did have an aunt fanny...and i just called bubbie channah and herbie was born in 1931...close guv...very close...bravo!!!

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted's birthday is also July 11 but I know it is a little later than yours.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi marcy...i love that!!! how great...love to you and ted

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marallyn.

Birthdays!!!!
Since I'm getting older and wiser I have new and improved perspective on birthdays.
This new outlook I've learned from my Father (AH)
We were celebrating my father's 80th birthday on Sept 15th.
Next day I asked him: "So, how old are you?"
He said proudly " 81"
I asked him '" What's the rush, you were 80 only yesterday"
He said : " I waited so long to be in eighties and now I finally achieved my goal"
May we all achieve our goals and be proud of whatever age we are.
Biz hundred und tzwantick.
My birthday is January 6th.
Love
The baldie and beautiful.

P.S.
I really missed you and your blog.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiiiii baldie and beauty...boy have i missed you...again mazal tov on the new grandson...may you only know simchas...glad you are back...i love your tateh's stories...and you tell them so well...stay safe

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Batya said...

great idea, I'll have to try it

My mother's 81, bli eyin haraa, and refuses to use the phone memory, since she wants to stretch hers!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

boker tov muse...thanks for dropping in...my mom is 82 and it sounds like they are twins...and aren't we blessed to have them tfu tfu tfu...a sweet day to you...stay safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home