Wednesday, October 25, 2006

THREE WISHES

What if you could have three wishes? Any three wishes in the entire world. And they had to be personal ones...selfish, delicious ones :) !

So, forget the world peace/everyone should be healthy/all the kids should get married and have kids of their own/they should get jobs and be independant/and our retirement place should be on a yacht like Explorer of the Seas...ahhhhhhh
http://community.webshots.com/album/233725035OdpOsn

Here are my three wishes:
1.to spend some quality time with family and friends who live here and far away.
2.to have enough money so that I don't ever have to worry about it again.
3.to finish writing my book and see it published.

What brought this all on? The other day a friend wrote that her daughter had just moved into her own flat and she was going out to buy her a housewarming gift.

How lovely, said I, What are you buying her?
A set of tools, she answered.

Dear friends and readers of mine...I can honestly tell you that in my entire life I have not said 'I miss track' ( see an early blog of mine) and I have never asked anyone to buy me tools....diamonds SURE...but tools???

Sydonia sent me a towel that says: If God had wanted me to bend down, He would have put diamonds on the floor! Go Syd!!!

Where was I? Oh, yes! Tools.

Then I realized...Jewish girls don't have tools. We have a butter knife and an old pair of high heeled shoes! Yes Jackie Mason was right.

The butter knife from the fleishedikeh (meat) set of dishes was never used cuz who used butter with meat??? And it is absolutely perfect for screwing in that nasty screw that comes loose.

And the high heels? Sometimes you have to knack a nail in the wall or realign something that has come off kilter.

Anything more industrious than that and I call in a handyman.

Then I married my Israeli husband. Wow! He can fix anything...he can unplug pipes/build walls/re-tile floors and more!

The first time he saw me with my little butter knife he laughed like hell. But it works!!! And whenever I tried hammering a nail into the wall with his fancy-shmancy hammer, that weighs a ton btw, I made a big hole in the wall. Shhhh don't tell, the picture hides it.

Maybe it's a Jewish thing. None of my Jewish girlfriendfriends have tools. And when I asked my non-Jewish sisters they all said 'sure'!

Is that racial profiling? Hey, maybe that's better than taking a picture of my iris' and fingerprinting me at the airport...well, not me cuz I have dual citizenship and they don't do that to Canadians...so far.

We don't have tools and Jews don't camp. We tried it when we were kids and spent a summer in Camp Kahkahpoopoo someplace in the mountains with bugs and and crawly things. So as adults we go to air conditioned hotels.

We also aren't big at sweating in gyms. A nice treadmill a couple of minutes three times a week and then off to the coffee shop for a latte and a danish.

That's a whole other blog.

Back to the wishes. Those are mine for today...what are yours?

Ahhhhh the things that dreams are made of :)))

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

17 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marallyn, You are so right about most Jewish women. However I can use tools (well not power saws but small hand held tools). I do like to be able to fix things. My husband seems to be as handy as yours. We have tools for everything (and he knows how to use them). Whenever he has a new project there always seems to be a new item that needs to be purchased....Now as to the other topic of camping...I truly believe that Holiday Inns are my level of camping. My family (husband, 2 kids, father-in-law) do not agree. They go to Algonquin Park annually and go canoeing and portaging for a week. To each his own....I have the week of quiet without the bugs!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Speak for yourself! I stayed in a hostel in Edinburgh two weeks ago. It didn't have any bugs or crawly things, but it was pretty basic.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

marcy!!! thanks for dropping in...ahhhh but you see you stay home without the bugs...yakki bush did it for all of us i think...camp days are here again...oy...stay safe and hugs to the family

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

miriam my dear friend...maybe it's because you are british...just kidding!!! and i would stay anyplace in scotland...the pipes the pipes are calling me...see you soon...thanks so much for dropping by...stay safe

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog.
My 3 wishes are the traditional health, wealth and wealth. As my mother has always said 'People who say money can't buy happiness, don't know how to spend it."

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear anonymous...i love you and love your mother...always have...stay safe

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marallyn!!!----YOU FOUND SOMEONE TO GO PORTAGING WITH !!!MARCY'S FAMILY IS PERFECT :))).....YOU MUST SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE FROM SOCIAL STUDIES !!!---had a heavy day----WILL WRITE BACK LATER---bless you, 'anonymous'( and your mother); those wishes work for me.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Hi girlfriend.my three wishs are{that all the world would understand the jews are Gods people and Jesus is a Jew.and if we don,t love our jewish brothers and sisters we are in deep doo!!the jews are playing a big part in this end time .God is seting up the lines,and if you don,t aline your self will his people your butt is toast!!!.so let the devil blow hot air like he always does.but God loves his people and they have not lost when they trusted Him.I have proof that God just laughs at the nations that try to mess with Him and His kids.here is the proof I was telling you.Psalms 2;1-12.God does not change he is the same yesterday today and forever.so when He gave the jews the land He ment it and He still says it belongs to you.so find the word and hang on cause God has the last word where His people are concerned.I get mad when people are so darn dumb and don,t take God at his word.you can,t kick Him out of any thing.He will give you a while to get your head out of your back side but then when you refuse to get smart He gets your attention.now there is a war coming and it will be faught by the Lord himself.the devil and his bunch are arogant enough to think they can fight God on His own truff,well just like always the Lord will kick the snot out of him!!!God is faithful.the USA has some dumb people in it to.and some of our government is not up on the bible so they can,t have wise counel.so pray for us here to.if we were to abandan you we would go down faster the a lead ball in a big lake.so you see we both need each other.if we go down you go down.pray for God fearing men in office and in the white house ones who love God and recieve His plan for salvation.cause the others will send us into a down ward ternd.and if the USA goes down then its all over for all of us.once we are no longer a super power no one in this world will see the giving hand of God any more.cause He set up this nation to give to the other nations who need help.yes there is things in this nation that needs to change.we got more trash then the local trash dump.but there is still a remmant of Gods people standing with you.pray for us cause its the chrisains who are standing with you.my other wishs are for God to bless me more so I am able to bless others.and for every one to know the peace I have form the one who saved my sin sick soul.shalom friend,peace and safety on the streets and in the homes in jerusalem.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Leann said...

number one{ a dump truck load of milk chocolate for my birthday.}number two{to be skinny as a rail for once in my life with out getting sick to do it.and be able to look good.}number three{to be a great auther of books that will touch others for the Lord.}those are my selfish wishes.but as you see the skinny part is pretty much out with my chocolate problem.ha ha.love your blog girl.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

sydonia...ahhhhh only you and bubbie channah would remember that...well dear readers of all my many talents, geography was never one of them...eigth grade...mr. mc callum...history/geography test...without an atlas, we had to take our ship from point a to point b...already a disaster for me...so i did...i got us through whatever waterway there was as best as i could remember...of course i did have to portage *carry the damn thing like a canoe* for what i remembered was a little glitch along the way...turned out it was miles and miles...mr. mc callum bless him passed me anyway...but not with my usual A grade...thanks syd for a trip down memory lane...never did like the sea after that LOL...stay safe my dear friend...smooches

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

leann as a chocoholic myself i can understand your wishes and battle of the bulge lol...and as for your second comment, the faster we unite the better chance we have of coming out whole onto the other side...evil walks the planet...stay safe and thanks so much for dropping in

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Val said...

Loved your post... may have to answer about my 3 wishes in a post on my blog.
Stay safe...

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you made your portage over Asia ---or am I expanding the story :))))---sorry, couldn't resist (the Guv wasn't here to pull your chain)

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

val...be my guest...can't wait to read what you have to say...shabbat shalom my dear friend...stay safe

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

sydonia you devil!!! it was just a little intsy weentsy thingee on the atlas...not all asia!!!! well i don't think it was...selective memory works when you're my age...the then, you as well as the guv are older than i am so i should play nice...ps the guv should be back from toronto in a few days...we all miss her when she's offline...shabbat shalom my dear friend...smooches

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm pretty handy with a hammer, screwdriver and a saw too! It's amazing what one can make with these tools. I guess it's my creative, artistic side.

My 3 wishes:
1)Since I'm going to live in heaven forever, I wish all my friends and loved ones will be right there with me.
2)I wish to have enough money and time to travel to all the places in the world I would love to see, especially Israel.
3) I wish to have 3 more wishes!!!

Hugs,
Chavah

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

chavah i love your three wishes...stay safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home