Wednesday, November 01, 2006

WANNA PLAY WITH ME???

Like most of you, I spend a lot of time now on the computer. Between my writing for the Jerusalem Post, and my blog and your blogs, and my book, and emails and and and...well you get the picture.

In between brainstorms :) I play games...solitaire, of course, and jigsaw puzzles, but my all time favourite is scrabble.

I used to play entire games until I found that it was simply too time consuming.

Then, Alex, from my writing group told me about The Pixie Pit!!!

Go ahead...ask me.

The Pixie Pit is a greatttttt scrabble site.
http://www.thepixiepit.co.uk

When you get into the site you have to chose a destination. Pick scrabble online. Michael, the head pixie, has set up a great, fun way to play scrabble while keeping in contact with old friends and new.

The game is played one move at a time through your email. Now it costs ten dollars a year...but i don't know if there is any chance for a guest player to try it out. In the beginning it was free. But ten dollars is more than reasonable for twelve months of great fun. Oh, and Michael is more than willing for you to put a ten dollar bill in the mail if you don't want to pay online. I've had hackers in my computer in the past and never do any business online.

I play with the guv in Canada...sydonia in the States...alex in Israel...and a lovely lady ess from Ireland who I met at the Pixie Pit.

So, for any of you who like scrabble and are looking for a partner, I'm your man...er lady...er person.

Check it out, it really is a great site and a lot of fun. A couple of minutes to clear away the cobwebs is always good. And besides, how much can a person listen to how they want to kill us and wipe us off the map and 'I didn't do it' but everyone knows he did and my new all time favourite, Mrs. P.M. saying 'Oy they are out to get my husband' as she lives in her fancy home that somebody gave them a gazillion dollar reduced price on. Puleeze lady, give me a break.

Ok, off I go to start my day. Teaching, teaching, teaching and then I'll be back to check up on all of you.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

4 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Val said...

You DO stay busy, don't you?!!! I may have to check out that site...
Stay safe.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

val i would love to play scrabble online with you...let me know if you do sign up...it is a nice way to stay in touch and cross swords at the same time...

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Now I have another site to visit during my late night internet interludes... Thanks! hehehe

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiii geology....like i said to val...sign up and let's play...and you are right...the middle of the night is best...quiet quiet quiet...the only sound is the clicking of the keyboard...ahhhhhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home