Tuesday, December 26, 2006

MURPHY'S LAW

Nu, so ask me what's new? My brother Dovidle is coming to visit. From Boulder, Colorado. For ten glorious days. We are beyond excited.

When is he scheduled to arrive? Wednesday morning at around 3:30 in the morning. Of course, I'll be at the airport.

Well, I think I'll be at the airport.

Oy.

We have had marvellous weather here in Jersalem these past few weeks. Abnormally warm, around eighteen degrees C. Not bad for December. But wait! Wait! What does Mr. Weatherman predict for today? Hundred kilometer winds...will the plane be able to land? SNOW!!! Will the plane be able to land?

For those of you who don't know, we do get snow every once in awhile in Jerusalem. It is actually glorious. Glorious! But my question God, is, 'Of all the days in the year, why pick the only morning that my brother Dovidle is arriving?'

See, we in Jerusalem live in the hills. You go UP to Jerusalem (in more ways than one) and when there are three snow flurries that stick to the ground the entire city stops. No school. No busses. No traffic in or out on the Jerusalem highway.

Oy!

So here is the plan. My brother Dovidle always says we need a plan. I am going to the airport...of course I am! And taking a taxi service that only drives to and from the airport. And I think instead of leaving at three to get there at four, when he should be out of customs (if the hundred kilometer winds allow the plane to land...sigh), I'll go around midnight so that I'll be in the airport before the skies open and we start to sing 'I'm dreaming of a white Chris...Channukah!

Then, if we get stuck at the airport we will at least be together.

So wish me luck, keep your fingers crossed, spit three times, tfu tfu tfu, and off I go.

Whenever my brother Dovidle comes to visit, I pack a suitcase and move in to Bubbie Channah's place next to Hamashbir right downtown.

So if you don't hear from me in a couple of days, don't send out the helicopters or sniffer dogs, vey, it's just me offline pretending that we are back in Windsor like we were when we were kids.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

14 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Val said...

I'm very excited for you and the visit with your brother! ENJOY! Then we want to hear ALL about it!
Hope the plane lands and you don't get stuck at the airport!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the visit Marallyn. Say hi to your brother for me. I can't remember the last time I saw him.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Enjoy your brother's company. And let's hope the snow is kept at bay for all the time that he's with you!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Leann said...

have fun friend we will hold down the fort tell you get home.we ended up with 5 inches of snow at my son in laws.and no lights tell 11;00 or so the next day.if you still read mine stop in and read the whole story.shalom.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened??

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for safety and one great time! Have fun.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Batya said...

enjoy!!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi val...thank you so much...it is beyond wonderful having Bubbie Channah and Dovidle with me...after going so long in this country without any family at all this is such a treat...talk to you soon...a sweet shabbat my dear friend

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiii marcy...and he sends his love back...i think the last time we were all together was before puberty hahahahahaha...stay safe and love to the family

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom 'pearl...thank you so very much...what a joy...isn't it nice when you get to be with family and you honestly love them lololol...a sweet shabbat and thanks so much for dropping in

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiii leann...wowow snow!!! stay safe my friend and keep warm...now that we are connected to the internet at Bubbie Channah's i will be able to go visit your blot and my other friends...i missed you all...thanks for dropping in

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

yahupitz...we made it!!! so, quick...tell me what's news by you and yours!!! love to your folks...i love seeing you here now that i know you aren't some crazy fool...well, you know what i mean :)))) shabbat shalom honey

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

tim!!! your prayers are always welcome any time my friend... we got in safely, thank God and a grand time is being had by us all...have a sweet shabbat and thanks for droppin in

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shabbat shalom muse!!! thanks so much...isn't this fun? we are like little kids again living with our momma...yahoooooooooooo...stay safe and hope all is well with you and yours

 

Post a Comment

<< Home