Friday, September 28, 2007

FRIENDS

My Dad AH always said that if you could count your friends on two hands you should consider yourself luckyl

When I was young, I used to laugh. I had gazillions of friends. I had close friends-- my sisters-in-love, sorority sisters, business acquaintances, neighbours...you name it I had friends.

Then as I grew older I added another group--my support system. These were a group of women, who no matter what time of day or night could be counted on to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen.

Friends in Israel become family. They replace the loved ones we left behind. They are dear and precious and help fill a hole that physical distance has created.

Today, I have a small group of friends. Here and there. In Jerusaelm and back over the big water. The internet, and email and Skype and blogging have shrunk the miles so that even though we can't physically touch, we can emotionally share our lives once again.

How great is that!!!

Lately, I have felt the need to cross the water and visit people who I long to see. You know who you are. So, I am making plans to put this tush in a big plane and fly to the States and Canada.

The prices are outrageous!!! The stop-overs are ridiculous. But, who cares. I'm leaving on a Jet plane...lalalalalala.

I don't get the need very often. I hate being far away from my Jerusalem. And, usually after a week or so I get antsy to come back. That is good too.

Bubbie Chanah says I should go. And my kids and good friends will watch over her until I come back. Friends. What would I do without you??? I never want to know.

Some of my friends have disappeared. All are missed. Some friendships don't last forever. I mourn them. But some of you are coming with me for the entire journey. Why? Because it just wouldn't be the same without you...it wouldn't be fun without you there...and because I said so.

In the meantime, until I show up for coffee, if you feel a little draft around your tush don't get scared...it's just me popping in to say 'hello'.

Shabbat shalom and chag sameach.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

8 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

N'see-ah Tovah--Derech Tz'lay-cha

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

and you too debby...see you soon

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny . . . or not so . . . I have been thinking a lot about friendship. I like to hang with friends, to hug them, and kiss them on the cheek . . . "to pat them on the head and call them my very own." Oops; slipped back into my Bugs Bunny days. :)

By my own definition I don't have any friends. Maybe because they don't like the hugs or peck on the cheek. :)

I'm glad we are in the same blogoshere, Marallyn Ben Moshe. Wish you were coming my way. I'll be praying for a safe flight and a great time for you.

Love and hugs (and a peck on the cheek).

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Chag Sameach!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom tim...love it...happy for the peck on the cheek...hard to come by those...stay safe my dear friend...

and you too bar kochba and you too

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maralynn,

Please let my mother know to tell me when you arrive. I might be able to stop in and say hello.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you find your way wandering through Toronto and you need a pillow, let me know, and if you find your way to Veeend-zor, I'll tell Ma to look out for you.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

yahupitz i would love that...my travel agent is still working on it...so far the tickets are beyond expensive and the stopovers are insane...sigh...chag sameach and love to your mom and dad

naomi my darling naomi...how wonderful to hear from you...i will let you know as soon as i know...read the above...vey...chag sameach...love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home