Sunday, September 16, 2007

DONT'CHA JUST LOVE HOLIDAYS?

Shavuah tov!!! A good week and a sweet year. Thanks for all your kind messages and emails. Nice to have friends who care.

I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker for holidays...mine...yours...well, I was going to say 'and theirs' but that isn't true. Mine and yours are just dandy...theirs??? nuh-huh.

So, after I ran around for two days helping my daughter-in-law with the kids while she cooked (we were at her place Wednesday night...more later) and although I LOVE being with the babies it does take a lot of energy keeping up with them and then Wednesday morning I cooked for the holiday at my place.

I made Moroccan fish (beyond gorgeous) and roast chicken and a roast beef and a mashed potato/fried onion/chopped meat macharaykeh that you roll up in dough like a big pinwheel and four different kinds of vegetables which are needed for the blessings and salad and and and...

Oh, if any of you want the recipes, just write.

Well, as I was about to collapse from exhaustion I heard a little voice call out 'Bubbie!'. My husband brought the babies home. Yahoooooooooo. There goes the afternoon nap.

But, I tricked them. After we ate and played a bit I put them into my bed and bribed them to fall asleep. Yes dear friends, I really did. I told them the first one to fall asleep would get ten shekels. Don't tell their father. Sweetsie Girl pooped out first, bless her and then Sweetsie Tootsie finally closed his eyes. I wanted to sleep too but they pushed me out of the bed so I sat there just looking at them. AHHHHHHHH.

We had a great evening. My four children (the three kids and my daughter-in-law), my two babies, Bubbie Channah, my husband, one of my brothers-in-law, and I sat around till nearly midnight. Brilliant!!!

Then the best part is that I still had three more days. Thursday I slept and read and ate some of the stuff and slept and read some more. Friday, I didn't have to cook as I had outdone myself Wednesday morning, so I had the day free and did a lot of writing on my new book 55 Jacob's Ladder. Saturday, I read and slept and wrote and to tell you the truth, I could really get used to that kind of a life. Sigh.

Today is a new day...the first day of a new week...the first Sunday of a New Year. May it be filled with joy and peace and good health and a little extra money in our pockets and a smidgen of mazal too.

Hope yours was as wonderful as mine was.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

sounds perfect hun!..enjoy...its Yom Kippur soon!..lol

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Shavua tov! Yup I could get used to it too!
Hope the year brings blessings galore and nothing but simchas your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home