Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN

When my Dad AH was happy, he used to sing that song. 'I'm back in the saddle again.'Gene Autry.
I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again'


Now don't get me wrong...my Dad wasn't a cowboy, and I don't think he was ever on a horse. But it is a nifty song with a happy melody.

Later on in life, my Dad got boxer shorts with saddles on them. Don't ask. We always knew when he was wearing them. Yup...he was back in the saddle again.

Those few words always make me smile and today after finally parting ways with that miserable tooth that had been attacking me for three weeks, I can proudly tell you that 'I'm back in the saddle again.' Back to being me. Back to living without medication and/or pain killers.

I wondered this morning what sort of a person I really am. I mean, that tooth and I have been sharing meals for a gazillion years and I didn't even wave it goodbye or wonder what was going to happen to it now.

Did it go to Tooth Heaven? I'm too old for the Tooth Fairy, and besides when it was extracted I got my wish. Sigh.

And I have the kindest, best dentist in the universe...Cousin Sheldon, the dentist. He filled me up with numbness and as I was bracing myself for pain and terror, he walked away. I opened my eyes to see where he was going and there was my miserable tooth in his hand!

Out, out damn tooth, I thought doing my own impression of Lady MacBeth. I am toothless in Jerusalem.

Now all I have to do is get the new bridges and then I can go back to eating like a real person. I mean I am in danger here of getting scurvy what without being able to chew for almost two months. No fruit/no vegetables...just cooked and mushy. You know, stuff like spagetti, bread, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat. A dieter's delight.

I look like a meatball already but who cares. Soon, I will be back to my old regime of salads and soups and counting carbs. But until then I am in Carb Heavan. Round is a shape, no?

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

lol..out dang tooth indeed!..I empathize hun..had some serious root canal a year ago and needed oral surgery after..ouch!
Shana Tova!..drop me an email sometime eh?..:)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Goat said...

All I know from being a participant in Seder is that y'all are great cooks and love good food. Glad you can enjoy it once again! Shalom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home