Thursday, September 20, 2007

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

There is a great Hebrew word...PROTEXIA...and it means more than just protection...or VIP treatment...it means you have a friend. A great friend. You know, the one who can get you those tickets you need; the introduction to a person who can maybe give your kid a summer job; who can smooth the way for you without making you feel uncomfortable. A friend.

Sometimes I have protexia and sometimes I am the one people come to for protexia.

Yesterday I spoke with my friend, John Little. He's the guy who set up my blog and got this whole thing rolling. Go check out his blog www.israeloutlook.com you won't be sorry!

Yesterday, John took time from his busy schedule and reset my clock so that it wouldn't make me crazy...I know, I know...God made me crazy! :)

And then he made me beautiful!!! He put my Jerusalem into Shalomfromjerusalem. Yahooooo John. And thanks is too small a word.

Aren't I gorgeous now???

Tomorrow is Yom Kippur. One of the holiest days in a Jewish person's life. We atone for our sins. We ask God to forgive us and to please inscribe us for another year of life.

Tomorrow at sundown we begin to fast.

Tomorrow morning I don't know if I'll have time to sit and write a blog. So, let me take a moment to wish you all Gmar Hatima Tova...may you all be inscribed for a good and healthy wonderful new year.

May all your prayers be answered.

Shanah tova my dear friends.

Have a wonderful day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.




6 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Have an easy fast.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

aw what a pal!..shalom chavera!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Blush!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Val said...

L'shana tova, my friend. May you have a sweet new year and an easy fast.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right-back-at-chya!!! All good things to you and yours!!!
My sibs and I (et al) get together for the Holy Days and it is just wonderful...what a way to start the year...we, (you too)... are all blessed...yes?
Again Happy New Year!!! Hugs Shelley

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Batya said...

amazing banner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home