Monday, September 17, 2007

SO WHERE EXACTLY DID THE SUMMER GO?

I thought when you grow older that time weighs heavily on your shoulders. That only the young find it flying by so quickly that they fight to grab a handful before running off to a new adventure.

So, here we are after Rosh Ha Shanah already. We even turned our clocks back. I know, I know...but I don't know how to fix my clock here on the blog. I guess I'll have to wait until you all go back to regular time and then maybe it will change too. Another miracle in the Holy Land.

This past summer was the hottest I can remember. Weeks and weeks of mid nineties. And for a person who loves winter and snow and rain and everything, it was pitiful. I sometimes ask myself what a person like me is doing in a place like this. No, not Jerusalem...but the Middle East where we have five minutes of winter and eight months of hot and hotter. Vey!

Added to the heat was the problem with my teeth. Don't ask. The good news is that my wonderful dentist pulled the moth***; da**; irritating little thing and since then I am singing Sweet Sue! Yahoooooooooooooo.

I love that the weather is getting cooler. That fall is here and winter is on it's way. I love the freshness of a new year. I love the opportunities and dreams that a new beginning always brings with it.

Today I am off to the city to meet Bubbie Channah and two or three friends for lunch. Then I have a student to teach and then back home again. Nice day. Got a little crazy after being home for four days. It will be great to get out and wander my Jerusalem streets once again. After nearly forty years the magic is still there. And isn't that a blessing!?!

Hope your day is delicious, too.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would love the glorious fall day we are experiencing here in Windsor. Blues skies, fresh, cooler air and sunshine. Think Jackson Park and football!
Take care and be safe.
Sheryl

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Jonny Stranger said...

Hi Marallyn, my name is Jonny. I am the son of Charles Pascoe. I live in Austin Texas. I think we are related.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom sheryl...ahhhh to be in windsor once again...who knows lolol...shanah tova

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

jonny!!!!!!! hi!!!!! thanks so much for writing...and of course we are related...kissing cousins...pls email me so i can write to you...marallyn@gmail.com
love to your family...yahooooooooooooooo jonny shalom and shanah tova!!!!!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ps jonny i can't access your blog...help

 

Post a Comment

<< Home