Thursday, June 25, 2009

The RUSSIANS are Coming...The RUSSIANS are Coming!!!

In 1966 a comedy hit the theatres starring Carl Reiner, Eva Marie Saint, Allan Arkin and Theodore Bikel. We were all still in the air raid siren drills and wondering where to build fallout shelters. The name of the film was/is The RUSSIANS are Coming the RUSSIANS are Coming. Here is the plot:

When a Soviet submarine captain comes up for a look at America (off the coast of a small island in Massachusetts) he runs aground. He sends his two English speaking crewmen to procure a boat with enough power to pull them off. The 2 English speakers, along with 7 other Russian sailors, don't exactly blend in and the town is convinced that they are being invaded.

All joking aside, the fear of a Russian invasion was real and very scary when I was growing up.

I think I mentioned in a previous blog that the only time I was really frightened...no, I take that back...the only time I was hysterically frightened during the Yom Kippur War was when we were told that the Russian military was on alert and getting ready to sail to the Middle East.

That's it! We're dead!

Since that time, I really haven't been afraid of our Soviet neighbours. We have over a million Russian Jews and maybe not so Jewish new immigrants...I love them! The Soviet Union is no more and the Russian states are now working towards their own independence. Das V'Danyah Comrade!

Then, one day last week, when I was having lunch with a friend in the Botanical Gardens up the road from my place, she asked me what I thought about all the Czars.

Czars? Peter the Great...Ivan the Terrible...Catherine the Great...Alexander...Nicholas??? I started naming Czars.

No, she said. Obama's czars.

Obama has Czars? Our Obama? I mean your Obama?

Then I started reading about the Czars. What the hell is going on? Hello??? Anybody home???

I Googled Czars of Russia and got the St. Petersburg Times(how appropriate...from Florida, not Russia...PolitiFact.Com...2009 Pulitzer Prize Winner) In it I found a whole article about the czars and who they are and how they came to be and what McCain said about Obama having more Czars than the Romanovs who ruled Russia for three centuries!

And you thought McCain didn't have a sense of humour.

I now know that what a Czar is and that Obama is certainly not the first to use them...but it seems that he has more Czars than anyone else including the Romanovs. :)

There was, however, one sentence that made me see RED...ahem.

But to the extent that Obama has created a number of new positions to oversee various issues and to cut through bureaucratic red tape, he seems to have a lot more czars than his predecessors.


OK...POTUS has Czars and they cut through red tape and he isn't the first but he seems to have more than the other guys had. Am I getting it right?

In order to shorten this blog post, I erased the list of the 28 Czars and their Czar title and their not so sexy real title.

That's a whole lot of people reporting to the President who don't have to get any congressional approval before they get the job. That's a whole lof of people reporting to the President period.

The big deal seems to be the Car Czar...and his assistant. And what the hell do they know about the automobile industry at all? But who cares? They got the job...they owe their boss...they report what they can and everyone is happy.

I'm not happy. The only time I did not vote for Bibi was when I thought he was taking too much power onto his own shoulders and I was worried about our/my freedom. So I voted for someone else. I wasn't sorry then and I am not sorry now.

Now, I voted for him. Now, I trust him. And as the days go by I wish him strength. See, the only thing in the universe that is stopping world peace is our settlements. If we didn't have settlements there would be joy throughout the land and people would be dancing in the streets.

The Iranian people are being shot like sitting ducks in the street and the big deal is our settlements.

Have you any idea how many of our soldiers were wounded and killed because WE did not shoot down any of the demonstrators or people throwing stones and boulders at us during not one but two intifadas?

WE can stand proud and hold our heads high!

But, no I guess we can't. We want the people living in the settlements to have babies and get married and have more babies and have a place for them to live and sleep and eat and play with their friends.

BAD ISRAEL!!! SHAME ON US!!!

Two articles online about Israel caught my attention today. One...Israel has now invented a fridge that converts to an oven on Shabbat so our religious soldiers can eat hot meals.

And, two:
IAF helicopter evacuates Palestinian who fell from cliff
Dr. Aaron Lerner Date: 25 June 2009

IMRA has learned from official IDF sources that on Wednesday afternoon a
Palestinian came to the Lamed Heh passage in the Etzion Bloc south west of
Bethlehem yesterday and reported to the IDF reserve force stationed there
that his friend fell from a cliff in the Wadi Etziona area near the passage.

Medical forces from the Etzion Brigade cane to the site but because of
conditions in the area an IAF rescue helicopter was dispatched and the
wounded Palestinian was evacuated to an Israeli hospital for treatment.


Dr. Aaron Lerner, Director IMRA (Independent Media Review & Analysis)
(Mail POB 982 Kfar Sava)
Tel 972-9-7604719/Fax 972-3-7255730
INTERNET ADDRESS: imra@netvision.net.il
Website: http://www.imra.org.il

For free regular subscription:
Subscribe at no charge: imra-subscribe@imra.org.il


That is who WE are. When we walked into Ramallah a few years ago by mistake THEY butchered us and threw us out the window. Remember? Maybe some of you still do.

How much do you want to bet that neither of these articles hit the waves.

I know what is going to hit the air waves. Obama's Health Care Plan. He gets to put his plan in front of the world all by himself and ABC is giving him the stage...for an hour.

But, what I hear is that ABC is not letting the other team say anything.

When I was growing up each side had to have equal time. Remember?

But, maybe some pigs are more equal than others.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Do you realize how prophetic your title is? Yes, they are coming!!!
Susan

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

yes...i can't believe it is all unfolding in front of us and no one...well hardly anyone sees...bless you my dear friend

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Sister, can you write!!! The NY Times needs you (instead of the bafoons they call 'writers'). You could teach them a thing or two.

Yes, as Susan said, your title is prophetic. It is fraustrating for those of us who "see" what's coming but no one will listen. Eyieeeeeeeeeeee! Guess that's because can't be changed. We just need to pray, pray, pray for the safety of friends and loved ones and that we hear God's voice clearly. Ezekiel 38 & 39 is approaching. May God have Mercy on us all.
Thanks so much for writing this. You are accurate as always. Hope people are paying attention.
Hugs,
Chavaleh

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marallyn,

Last night I read a headline from Israel Today about Russia being in the process of holding a peace summit with the aim of dividing the land of Israel with (East)Jerusalem as the Palestinians capital.

There is a battle brewing between world leaders trying to secure a Palestinian state. Whoever can make that come to pass will be hailed as the GREAT CZAR of the world!!!

I pray for people to WAKE UP and take a stand. Judgement comes on those who have had a hand in dividing Israel and I believe that is why we are having problems with our economy in America.

Sandra

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks chavaleh...go meet susan...you both have a great deal in common and i know you will love each other...ps again thank you for the kind words and for your continuous friendship and love

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks sandra...amazing isn't it??? i should change the name of my blog to "boring is better"...stay safe and thanks for dropping in

 

Post a Comment

<< Home