Monday, June 15, 2009

THE TRUTH...THE WHOLE TRUTH...AND...

Last night...at a little after eight o'clock, everyone I knew was sitting in front of their televisions waiting to hear our Prime Minister deliver his long-awaited speech.

I cancelled students. I grabbed a bottle of water and my chicken salad and made myself comfortable.

From every window of my house, all that could be heard was Bibi talking. None of my neighbours had any other channel on...just Bibi.

Before we go any further, I should state that I am a card carrying member of the Likud party. I get to vote in their internal elections as well as in the national elections. I have voted for Bibi more than once. And once I did not vote for him.

From the moment he began to speak until his final word I was breathless. Finally! Somebody said it out loud. How many people would be alive today if somebody had said it when our leaders at the time ran to embrace Oslo?

So many things he said amazed me. But here is one that made me listen even closer:

"In order to bring an end to the conflict, we must give an honest and
forthright answer to the question: What is the root of the conflict?

In his speech to the first Zionist Conference in Basel, the founder of the
Zionist movement, Theodore Herzl, said about the Jewish national home "This
idea is so big that we must speak of it only in the simplest terms." Today,
I will speak about the immense challenge of peace in the simplest words
possible."


How simple. How elequant. How absolutely correct! And then he went on to say it. He said it out loud....

"Even as we look toward the horizon, we must be firmly connected to reality,to the truth. And the simple truth is that the root of the conflict was, and
remains, the refusal to recognize the right of the Jewish people to a state
of their own, in their historic homeland."


Bingo!!!

I always said, I can love you like mad...buy you expensive gifts...give you anything you want...put your needs above my own....

I can do all that. But I can't make you love me! Either you do...or you don't. And all my fine gestures and all my wonderful, expensive gifts won't make you love me if you don't.

And, when did any of us think, for just one second, that our neighbours love us? Who was it that said, 'Arafat never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity."?

When is the world going to wake up and realize that we are a splinter in their backside...we are the speck of dust on their pristine carpet...that THEY DO NOT WANT PEACE.

Simple, no?

Thank you Mr. Prime Minister! For the first time in a very long time, I think I can sleep at night knowing that someone is honestly and truely at the helm of our very little ship that is floating in a very big and dangerous sea.

And then, this morning just as I was feeling safe, I read something else. I read an article stating that Obama was happy with Bibi's speech. That's good.

BUT THEN...get this my friends...the article from Haaretz newspaper went on to say:
"At the time of the speech, Haaretz learned, Obama was playing golf."


He what?!!!?

Well...I guess that shows us! I mean exercise is important. And as President of the United States, Mr. Obama must not get enough exercise. And, the speech was around eight at night making it around noon...one o'clock his time. Is mid afternoon a good time to go out in the sun and play golf? I guess it must be. And, if it is good enough for POTUS, then, hell, maybe the rest of the world should have made other plans instead of listening to our Prime Minister.

Hell, it's only Israel. Who cares?

So, if no one cares, then why are we on the front page of everyone's agenda?

He was out playing golf!!!

Here is anther fishbone that remains stuck in my throat. When Bibi and Sarah Netanyahu were in the States a few weeks ago, Mrs. Obama didn't meet with our Prime Minister's wife. She had tickets to a concert...or the theatre, I think it was the theatre. She did ask her husband what to do and Mr. President told her not to change her plans...to go to the theatre.

Mr. Obama, Sir. If it was Mrs. First Lady from Canada...or Germany...or Russia...or Great Britain...or the European Union...or Palestine (is there a first lady...or any lady?)...would you have told your wife the same thing? OF COURSE NOT!!! That would have been an insult. And you wouldn't want to insult any of THEM.

What is POTUS telling Israel? And what message is he sending out to the world about how he feels about Israel?

If golf is more important and going to the theatre is more important to Mr. and Mrs. President of the United States of America...then what is the little anti-Semitic guy going to think...or the Arabs...or the EU?

Me? I take it as a great insult! A slap in the face!

The whole world was waiting for Bibi's speech. He spoke his heart out. He gave the world enough time. He picked an hour that was convenient to everyone.

I guess he didn't know what a lover of golf Obama is. I mean Jackie Mason said it so well. "Me? If I get a splinter in my finger, I run around and take myself into Sinai Hospital and see a doctor. You? If you fall into an open manhole and die...what do I care?"

You think I'll get into a lot of trouble if I say, "Shame on you Mr. President."? Maybe I better not. But as President Carter...also not a great lover of Israel once said..."I have sinned in my heart."

And we are supposed to be great friends. I guess with friends like these, Israel dosen't need any...you fill in the rest.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

12 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for once again speaking your mind and for giving us, in America, a view we certainly do not get from the media.
Susan

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Val said...

ditto what Susan said, but hey, c'mon, go easy on Obama..k?

Unless any of us is with him personally, the news reports aren't always accurate.

He's a good guy and just wants everyone to get along.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are those of us who ARE watching and listening to your Bibi to see if he stands where the others failed. We are very proud of him too.

And yes, we all want everyone to get along, but you have to deal with the bullies before that can happen.

I have a book on my desk titled 'BULLYCIDE IN AMERICA'. I think one should be written 'BULLYCIDE IN ISRAEL'.

Sandra

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are accurate in your description of Mr. "O". The same thing happened in France. He and the Mrs. dissed the Sarkozy's who invited them to have dinner with them while in France. Let's face it, the First Couple are extremely lacking in social graces (bowing low to the Saudi King; shaking hands with Queen Elizabeth; the First Wife putting her arm around the Queen's shoulder; gifting the Queen with an iPod; returning the bust of Winston Churchill back to the UK). They have deliberately and successfully shamed the USA!!!
But they are too PROUD and full of themselves to recognize their embarrassing faux pas. He is an embarrassment to every patriot in America. Yes, golf, basketball and the theatre and spending Americans' hard-earned tax money for personal dating are more important to our POTUS and his Mrs. Please believe me, we are as offended by their behavior as you are. It's inexcusable and we are not pleased! I apologize for their lack of decency. And "no", I did not vote for him!!!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom sandra...thank you so much for writing...what is bullycide???

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear anonymous...thank you for reading my blog and for writing...i did not know about france...i did know about the poor queen...honestly...sigh

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

val...i love you...so i will stop there...thanks for reading and writing...i always love hearing from you...even if we see things differently...just how do you think he is a good guy btw???

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Mari said...

I'm here from Susan's blog. As I told her - I am ashamed of our country and our president after reading this. This is the sort of thing that should be reported in our news.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear mari...thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog...all we have to do is get the word out and not sit back and wait for manna to fall from heaven...i think God loves those who help themselves...stay safe my friend and again thank you

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marallyn,

BULLYCIDE IN AMERICA was a book written on behalf of children that were constantly bullied in school's across America.

It tells how no one in authority would intervene and protect them from the one or ones being the bully.

It documents the tragedies that the children and the families suffered at the hands of bullies and authorities.

The book raises awareness and informs and educates all people that bullying and its consequences are a real phenomenon.

It reminded me of how Israel has been bullied throughout the years and no one will speak up on their behalf.

Sandra

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your response on Susan's blog. Could you make a local call on me and my family's behalf too. :) :) :)

Lots of love
Sandra

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear dear sandra...of course i can!!! one local call coming up for sure!!! i have a dear friend who was bullied in school and to this day suffers from social anxiety...i will tell her about the book...i am sure she will be very interested...thank you for caring and sharing...love marallyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home