Monday, June 14, 2010

THREE WISE MONKEYS... AND A DUCK

In my family we all have collections. I collect owls.
My daughter collects turtles.
My oldest son collects religious books...well he doesn't but because he became religious at the age of twelve and has a bookshelf full of religious books I decided that was his collection.
My Dad A'H collected the three wise monkeys and when he passed away they came to Israel with my youngest MSTL (my son the lawyer).

You know the three wise monkeys--hear no evil/see no evil/speak no evil.

Here is an article I received in my email today:
Exclusive: UNIFIL chief says situation in Lebanon far more stable now.
www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=178140

UNIFIL has not found any evidence of Hizbullah military activity and
smuggling or the presence of guerilla fighters in its area of operations in
Southern Lebanon, the commander of the multinational peacekeeping force,
Maj.-Gen. Alberto Asarta Cuevas, has told The Jerusalem Post in an exclusive
first interview to the Israeli press.

He said the situation in Lebanon today was far more stable than it was
before war broke out in July 2006 and that, contrary to some predictions in
Israel, there was no reason to be concerned that war would break out between
Israel and Hizbullah this summer.
And if you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you. Be'emet! Honestly!

I have been trying to get back to the states for a year, and every time I think 'this is it' something pops up to postpone my trip.

About three or four months ago I called my brother, my Tanti Helen, Maeshey, and Sharon to tell them all that I'm not leaving Israel this summer. Why they all asked. And, I answered them, because I think there is going to be a war here and I don't want to be out of the country.

Get out of here! A war???

Maybe. But too many people were talking Yom HaAtzmaut about how strong we are and how well we can defend ourselves. The first one was the President...no...not POTUS our guy Peres. Then our Prime Minister...Bibi. Then the head of the IDF... Gabi Ashkenazi. And, finally our Foreign Minister our Barak.

If Bubbie Channah were alive...oy I miss her...she would have said, 'Shtinkt'...smells fishy.

To tell you the truth, once I had said it I felt a rush of relief. Then I began to wonder if I had jumped the gun/put the horse before the cart/given us all an ein hora/ayin ha'rah/Evil Eye? Tfu tfu tfu!!!

All I know is that when my pupik talks the rest of me listens. Okay here are a couple of other articles I recieved this week:

The first one is from Judy Laish Balint and I have her permission to pass this on:
Do you Know U.S Firefighters?

Special Message about Firefighters For Israel!
Shalom from Jerusalem,
With the fast developing Iranian threat and the military buildup of the Hezbollah and Hamas, your brothers and sisters in Israeli's Fire and Rescue Services need your help!
Israel has only 1,200 firefighters to protect its 7.5 million people, when the crunch comes – they will need our help to save lives.
The leadership of "Firefighters for Israel  " are traveling the United States right now recruiting firefighters who are willing to put their lives on hold, and on the line, to deploy to Israel in times of emergency. We are also looking for concerned individuals and communities who care for Israel and have the will and the means to provide support for these true American heroes who are risking their lives for all of us each day, and volunteering to do so for Israel when they get the call.

You can see the "Firefighters for Israel" video here: http://www.youtube.com/pundit02
  
You can read more about "Firefighters for Israel" here: http://www.evp.org.il

On behalf of Israel's Fire & Rescue Services, we thank you in advance!

Dr. Mike Cohen
Lecturer, Bar-Ilan University
Senior Analyst, Galilee Institute
Director, Homeland Security, Firefighters for Israel

Here is the second one I found in my email this morning:

New plan: Soldiers not playing a crucial role during an emergency will leave
the military base to help the home front. The new tasks for those serving in
the headquarters: Helping the elderly, substitute teachers and assisting in
hospitals

Yarden Winter, BaMahane 09 June 2010 , 11:25
http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/News/today/10/06/0901.htm


A new program created by the IDF Operations Directorate and the Home Front
Command is examining the possibility to assign soldiers who do not play a
crucial role in emergency-related tasks to actually help citizens, such as
substituting teachers who are called into reserve duty in schools and
helping the elderly.
"This project is utilizing to the fullest the IDF's personnel in an
emergency," the Operations Directorate explains. "We want to assist the home
front with the treatment of civilians, and one way to do so is through these
soldiers who aren’t needed in their units during emergencies, and can help
in other missions."

Add to that the fact that I am getting at least three phone calls a day...a day...telling me to get my gas mask kit or whatever erkat ha magen means is not making me feel jaunty, jolly, peppy and optimistic.

Add to that the wrath of the WHOLE WORLD...and for a little spice drop in Ahmadinadoodle.

See, my Dad A'H always said...'If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...chances are...'

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home