Thursday, November 03, 2011

U IS FOR THE UNITED STATES

I thought I remembered America. But, when I saw the gorgeous fluffy clouds in Colorado and the double rainbow---have you ever seen a double rainbow? I gasped.

I thought I remembered the trees and grass but after living for nearly forty-two years in the Middle East, I couldn't get over the green...everywhere...the trees, the flowers, the grass growing healthy and lush everywhere.

I thought I remembered the rivers and lakes but after looking at the Intercoastal and the Pacific Ocean and the Detroit River from my hosts' windows I simply stared.

After living in a country that counts drops of water for so long, I had forgotten how lush and rich the United States and Canada are. How blessed. How fortunate.

What I couldn't understand is what happened. How did they get into such debt? What is going on with the educational system? And the scariest of all is the Health Care or lack of.

I met people along the way...family and friends whose place of business closed down and who were still looking for a job nearly a year and a half later. Whose biggest fear is getting sick! America??? People who lost their homes as well as their income or should I say because of the loss of their income.

In Israel we have a fabulous health care system. And, if God forbid you lose your job you still have full health coverage. I can't imagine not having health insurance!!!

I asked people to explain the huge debt...I get it now. I don't understand it fully, but I get it.

I know one thing...there is no country on the planet that comes close to the United States of America...ok Canada...but I mean elsewhere in the world. No place!!!

I know another thing...we need a healthy, strong United States!!! The world will not be the same unless America is strong and can stand strong.

I fear that the snowball is growing too big and the other guys are getting too strong. I wouldn't care that much but 'the other guys' own the debt!!!

I still believe America will stand tall.  I just don't know how. And I don't know when the roller-coaster will stop.

I hope it is soon. I pray it is soon. It better be soon.

I took pictures. Lots of pictures. My kids are right...the United States is the Garden of Eden. I wonder what that makes the Holy Land??? We used to be the Land of Milk and Honey. Well, we have cows and bees and the Original Cast. But where you have water and trees we have sand and hot.

Thank you United States for letting me listen to your quiet...for letting me watch your clouds fill the sky...for filling my heart with the sights and smells of your bounty. God bless America!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger macart said...

I understand your technical problem completely.

Been there and done the movie.

Have a great week and what do we do when you run out of alphabet?

See Ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home