Thursday, June 20, 2013

SERIOUS CHOCOLATE

I don't drink. I do, however understand when someone says, "Let's get out of here, I need a drink." But, my version is SERIOUS CHOCOLATE!

Sometimes just chocolate will do. But, I do admit that there have been times in my life when only serious chocolate would take care of things. In order to be completely honest here, I will tell you that I have been known to get dressed and walk to my makolet...the Israeli version of a 7-11 that is up the street for the sole purpose of buying chocolate...and not the good healthy kind...you know the thousand per cent cocoa, dark chocolate stuff...oh no! When in trouble a person needs Snickers! Sometimes a double rich brownie will do, but that is only as a second choice!

When Bubbie Channah A'H was dying I ate six of them a day! Please, don't tell anyone...let's keep this between us. Thanks.

A few years ago, I was in Colorado visiting my brother David and was introduced to a man named John. John joined us at David's office to discuss Shaar Patuach, my learning center for learning disabled children. As we sat and talked, John was more than happy to tell us how he loves Israel. As a matter of fact, he'd been there many times in his role as something-or-other for the U.N.

At the time Israel was not too happy with the U.N. We had three soldiers kidnapped and the Security Forces did nothing but film the incident and then refuse to let us see the films.

Then my new friend John said that he spent many a happy day in Ramallah with his very good friend Yasser Arafat!!! As a matter of fact, he came back from there not too long ago!

I looked at David. He had a look on his face that was a plea for me to choose my words carefully. I bit my tongue, and a little while later John got up...shook our hands...and left.

I grabbed my brother and told him to wash his hands with soap and to get me out of there and find me some SERIOUS CHOCOLATE! I kept humming the tune, "I danced with a man who danced with a girl who danced with the Prince of Wales."

Serious Chocolate is a very wonderful invention. You don't need a prescription. You can eat it at any time day or night. It is almost as comforting as a hot water bottle on a freezing winter's night!

Why am I telling you all this? Do you have a minute?

See, yesterday I learned that I was a Nazi! I didn't know!!! I thought I was the one killed by those mamzers!!! But, luckily I read an article in Haaretz...one of our most prestigious Hebrew newspapers and they told me.

Please read below and I quote:
The Anti-Defamation League on Tuesday lambasted U.S. author Alice Walker (author of The Color Purple) over "fervently anti-Jewish ideas" the group said she expressed in her new book.
According to the U.S.-based Jewish organization, Walker's new book, “The Cushion in the Road,” devotes some 80 pages to essays on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict – a section "replete with fervently anti-Jewish ideas and peppered with explicit comparisons between Israel and Nazi Germany." ( ME??? A NAZI???) In her writing, Walker further suggests that Israel should cease to exist as a Jewish state and seeks to justify terrorism against Israeli civilians, the ADL said. (WAIT A MINUTE! THAT'S ME! AND MINE!!!)
Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, said in a statement. “She has taken her extreme and hostile views to a shocking new level, revealing the depth of her hatred of Jews and Israel to a degree that we have not witnessed before. 
"Her descriptions of the conflict are so grossly inaccurate and biased that it seems Walker wants the uninformed reader to come away sharing her hate-filled conclusions that Israel is committing the greatest atrocity in the history of the world,” he added.
More recently, Walker – a proponent of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel – urged singer Alicia Keys to cancel her scheduled July concert in Tel Aviv." 

I began following this woman when I read that she refused Israel the right to translate her book,  The Color Purple into Hebrew. I wonder if she is good friends with my friend John? Or maybe the former president, Jimmy Carter?

Mosessssss...Mosesssss...you should have turned right instead of left! Sigh!!!

Have a good day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.
www.marallyn.com




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home