Monday, July 24, 2006

If you don’t clean your house…then don’t complain about the mess

Years ago I read a book called Inside Outside, by Herman Wouk. He’s such a fine writer. Well, anyway, there was one line from that book that has stuck with me all these years.

It went something like this: “Whenever I walk out of your aunt’s house, I leave footprints in the sidewalk.”

HA! Now that’s a shmutzig (dirty) house! I loved it!

I have been listening for years to the left wingers telling me that only about 2% of the Muslims are terrorists. Nu, so how come that isn’t a lot of terrorists? 2% of a gazillion people is a lot of suicide bombers, no?

But, that also means that 98% of the Muslims are fine, righteous, law abiding citizens like you and I.

So how come they don’t stand up and scream at what is being done to them? Why aren’t they on television and the news? I bet CNN would be thrilled to talk to them. After all, CNN has an entire station in Arabic.

Ah, my fine left winger friends will say. But they’re frightened. They could be killed if they say anything.

Excuse me, but what is wrong with that sentence? Wait, I get it. It’s ok if the Arabs kill other Arabs…babies and women living above all the weapons of war hidden in the basement. Or better still, assassinating their neighbor for maybe ‘collaborating’ with the Israelis.

I figure, if 2% are terrorists, and 98% don’t say anything, then how am I supposed to tell them apart? Can you? So, I guess I have to think that 100% are terrorists, and do what I can to survive.

Twelve days after Israel went into Lebanon for the first time, my sister-in-law’s brother was killed. He left a wife and baby daughter and a grieving family. My sister-in-law was pregnant at the time and when her son was born she named him after her fallen brother.

Friday this same child got his call-up notice and now he is in Lebanon.

May G-d watch over him and all our soldiers and citizens. Ohmein.

Back in Windsor the only thing we had in our basement was an extra fridge where my mom kept her dill pickles! Now, true they could have exploded but I don’t ever remember hearing of a Jew being killed by a pickle!

Have a good day…stay safe…and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know absolutely nothing about how to get rid of the terrorists in Lebanon. I know slightly more than that about house cleaning.

What I DO know, is that, unattended, dirt tends to come back. You can dust, shine, polish, scrub, scour, vacuum, straighten, mop, and wash, until you're too tired to even pass gas. Then, POOF, just days later, the shmutz is yelling, " Honey, I'm baaaaaack !"

Because I have an exceptionally high I.Q., I also know that, assuming that you do indeed want a neat, clean place to live in, SOMEBODY has got to work at it. The filth won't simply disappear on its own. So, now, there's a choice. You can do it by yourself, or you can get somebody in to clean house for you. But this I also happen to know.... When you bring somebody in to do your dirty work, it's expensive. Very expensive, if you want the job done properly.

Jeeeze, I might know more about this terrorist thing than I originally thought I did.

Too bad the house cleaning in Lebanon couldn't be done by its own responsible residents. Too bad, some country, other than Israel, couldn't play " Molly Maid". This way is too expensive both for the home owners, and the work crew. Bloody too expensive!

And, let's face it, unless there is daily upkeep, even if they get folk in to do a sensational, one time job, the shmutz will definitely come back. You can count on it !

The Guv

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also something to be said about doing your OWN housework. You know that EVERY corner is clean
and you do all in your power to not allow the dirt to hide in the corners again.
---then I nice massage and manicure would be great...........
Israel is up for a manicure; other countries could learn a thing or two.

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also something to be said about doing your OWN housework. You know that EVERY corner is clean
and you do all in your power to not allow the dirt to hide in the corners again.
---then a nice massage and manicure would be great...........
Israel is up for a manicure; other countries could learn a thing or two.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For far too long, Israel has allowed the dirt to accumulate.

Now, it's time to clean.

I just wish that all it took to clean my own place was a couple of hand grenades.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For far too long, Israel has allowed the dirt to accumulate.

Now, it's time to clean.

I just wish that all it took to clean my own place was a couple of hand grenades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home