Sunday, August 20, 2006

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

Last night the Guv called from Canada. We email, we scrabble and occasionally we talk in person.

She told me that she knows she's being an ostrich with her head in the sand while exposing her tush to being blown to smithereens.

I told her that isn't the only danger her tush is in.

We laughed.

And then I told her that it really isn't a laughing matter.

I rarely, if ever, believe in airing my dirty laundry in public. There are too many people out there who hate Jews/Israel as it is, and I don't want to give them more fuel for their fire.

But in the aftermath of the worst fiasco Israel has faced in my lifetime, I find it almost impossible to keep my mouth shut. I'm not going to go into all the little aggravating details...there's enough info floating around the net for everyone to read. Here's one source, for example:

For free regular subscription:
Subscribe at no charge: imra-subscribe@imra.org.il

But it's time to protect our tushies.

One, the world has got to wake up and accept the reality of the world we live in. I honestly believe in my heart that there is still time to fend off the evil that is growing and fermenting. That's for you to do.

Two,Israel has to take a good, long, hard look at herself and stand up and make the changes we need in order to survive. We went to Lebanon II with these yolds and all they did was get us killed and set the groundwork for Lebanon III. They have to go.
That's for me to do.

Oh, and by the way...I am an 'equal opportunity' person. If my kids have to put their lives on the line to defend our country then so do the kids of the fine-shmekkers...Olmert bring your sons back to Israel and put them in uniform. And you are just the first in a very long list of elitists who are using my kids to protect yours.

And finally, number three. All you corrupt and stinky politicians. Shame on you. You shame your family and you shame me. YOUR dirty laundry I want made public.

Once our house is clean and made ready for company again, then we can sit quietly in our homes and know that someone is going to be responsible for keeping us safe.

We can't trust anyone but ourselves. We know who we are and we know what to do.

God knows, I'm not perfect. But, I never ran for public office...I am not a general or even a private in the army...or even a doctor. I have enough trouble just being a mom. But, I did raise my kids to be decent, honest, trustworthy adults. And I did teach them, 'follow me'...do as I do and not as I preach.

Let he who is free from sin...you know the rest.

A sweet shavuah tov...a good week to you all.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Israel is a great country PRECISELY because it is willing to air its dirty laundry.

How many Arab countries do you see that allow that?

Loved the piece!

- John

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks john...you your opinion is always important to me...stay safe

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our delightful telephone conversation......

Well, if memory serves me, I started off discussing your growing aptitude, and penchant, for political commentary. And I went on to confess my complete, sad, lack of same. I believe I then told you that I am quite content harvesting only the most important sheaves of information and ignoring the rest. It was then that, ah, yes, I did indeed describe myself as an ostrich with a buried head and an exposed tush.

Funny, that ! My initial comparison to that not-too-bright, but noble, beast, was definitely one-dimensional. However, after I read your blog, I was forced to think more clearly of the animal I identified with. And, you know, what ? I now realize that I'm in a far better position than I originally thought I was. I don't think you and I have to worry about me!

See, that head in the sand bit, is but a popular myth. There have been no recorded observations of this particular behaviour. From a distance, based on feeding habits, it just LOOKS LIKE there's a burial going on. Meanwhile, acute eyesight and hearing make sensing predators from far away, very, very easy.

O.K., so when threatened, ostriches tend to run. Hey, they can easily outrun a horse, or any human athlete. That's good to know. Every city in the world has a bad neighbourhood.

But, now, here's the great part..... my boa-scarf-producers are territorial, aggressive and dangerous. What they lack in wisdom, they make up in brawn. When they DO stop to fight, they can kick the crap out of, or kill, foes with their powerful legs. Man, they can eviscerate huge opponents.

All right, so I compared myself to a strange-looking bird who can produce one egg large enough to feed the entire cast, crew and extras on the "Ten Commandments" set. And, I might have identified with a creature that, for sure, wouldn't win the Animal Kingdom's Nobel Peace Prize in Physics.

But, the way I see it? My not-really-buried head and exposed tush aside, I'm not an easy mark. So, do yourself a big favour and DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF MESSING WITH ME !

The Guv

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

yeahhhhhhhhhh da guv is back!!!!!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Marilyn,
Alas, Western Civilization is denying reality and history when it works on the premise that one can coexist with Islam.
Europe will soon me Islamic, and North American will not be all that far behind in the grand sweep of history. BTW. we have an new granddaughter, Marisol, born 8/09/06.
Paul

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

MAZAL TOV my dear dear friend...thanks so much for writing...my love to you and peg and all your family...kiss the little one from me too...stay safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home