Tuesday, August 29, 2006

SOMETIMES I JUST FEEL FRAGILE

Once in a while I take a break from my life. You know what I mean. Those days when you stop cooking/cleaning/working/caretaking to just stop and catch your breath.

Today is one of those days.

A lot of time has passed since I could let down my guard and stop worrying if we were going to be blown to smithereens. If my wonderful exiled friends from Gush Katif were going to make it. If they really are going to investigate the terrible three (Olmert/Peretz/Halutz). Then for fun there's always the question, did they do it? (President Katzav/Haim Ramon).

That's when real life comes back onto the front burner. How's Bubbie Channah this morning? Are my babies and their babies all right? What's happening at work? How's my mother-in-law now that she's out of the hospital? You know. Life. Normal Life.

And then I remember listening to my sweetsie tootsie sing to my daughter, his aunt, with his angelic voice, 'Who loves you more than I do? Who makes you laugh when you are sad?' He knows all the words to the song, I don't.

And I think about dinner last night. My youngest and I decided to make our favourite salad for dinner. And he invited a few of his friends to join us. Me...I'm still a valuable guest at the kids' table.

As I write, I can hear a song from HAIR in my mind. AH the good old days when the air was fresh and sex was dirty. The 60's. AHHHHH.


I Got Life, mother; I got laughs, sister;
I got freedom, brother; I got good times, man.
I got crazy ways, daughter
I got million-dollar charm, cousin
I got headaches and toothaches
and bad times, too
Like you!
I got my hair; I got my head
I got my brains; I got my ears
I got my eyes; I got my nose
I got my mouth
I got my teeth!

I got my tongue; I got my chin
I got my neck; I got my tits
I got my heart; I got my soul
I got my back
I got my ass!

I got my arms, I got my hands,
I got my fingers, I got my legs;
I got my feet, I got my toes
I got my liver...
Got my blood.

I got my guts (I got my guts)
I got my muscles (muscles)
I Got Life! (Life!)
Life! (Life!)
Life! (Life!)
Life!!

So, maybe I'm not so fragile after all. L'Chayim!!!

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I needed that. See, this morning I woke up singing:

The old grey mare
She ain't what she used to be
Ain't what she used to be.
The old grey mare
She ain't what she used to be
Many long years ago !

The Guv

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ahhhhh guv...as the 2,000 year old man said...'we mock the things we are to be'...you're no old grey mare...that's me...you're a spring chicken...'there's NO business like...stay safe...loveyou

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marallyn,
Hi. I know what you mean. I was thinking that the summer went by so
quickly, and the kids start school tomorrow already. I mean, the summer
we had here was so removed from the concept of 'summer vacation'. Kol
ha Kavod that you and Cousin Anne went to the demonstrations. I enjoy
getting your e-mails so much! Keep up the good work, Love, Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home