Sunday, October 15, 2006

YAHOOOOOOOOO IT RAINED

When I lived in Canada, I never paid attention to the rain or snow, other than how it affected my daily life. Boots, umbrella, squeeghi thingee to clean off the windows of the car...that kind of stuff.

But, here in Jerusalem, we are very aware of rain. Everyone is careful not to waste water. We have reports on the water level of the Kinneret. Where are we in connection to the RED LINE? Is it too low? Is it getting better? Are we going to be drinking muddy water with tadpoles? Eeuwwww!

One year in order to keep everyone calm, some brilliant announced that they lowered the RED LINE! That's just great, I thought. Like Cinderella's step sisters trying to push their fat toes into her little glass slipper and make it fit. Idiots! Did they think that now I would feel safe about our water situation?

They also decided to try and buy water from Turkey. Now, that's a plan. Instead of spending the money to establish a desalination plant, they would fill boats with Turkish water and shlep them back to...pour into the Kinneret?

Hey! Mister Smart Guy! What happens if, God forbid, Turkey decides to hate us like the other happy neighbours we have in this part of the world? Then what???

Sometimes I think that the people who run this place put their brains in their back pockets and forgetting all about it, sit on them.

During our latest War with Lebanon...locally known as Lebanon Two, oy, the enormity of the situation hit home to me as I watched our fire fighters pouring, God alone knows how many, tons of water into the burning buildings hit by the katyushas.

Water! Look at all that water!

But, there are always miracles in the Holy Land. And this morning, on October 15th, 2006, it poured. Yahooooo, it rained in Jerusalem. Maybe, we will have a great wet year and be able to struggle back up to that famous elastic marker of ours.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

13 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drink three litres of water everyday. Every day of the year. Nope. Wait. On days that I take long car trips, I cut that amount down considerably. Nope. Wait. On days that I take long car trips, I don't drink any water at all. Come to think of it, I don't drink much the day before the trip either. Just in case. But, even eliminating those days, I gulp down a huge amount of H2O each year.

So, because you have so effectively described the water situation over there, I have made a decision. From this day forward, every ounce of water I consume on Mondays and Fridays will be dedicated to the People of Israel. Please note, this magnanimous gesture will NOT affect my level of annual giving to UJA or JNF. And, yes, of course, I'll keep feeding the Keren Kyemet pushkeh !

The Guv

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY MARALLYN...JUST TO REMIND YOU (although I'm busy as all get out and
shouldn't be reading more or less writing!) You are SO COOL! I LOVE YOU!!
Joan

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hey guv i always knew you were a sport!!!...now i can sleep better at nights...pishing for the cause...atsah mah girl

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hey joan...i love you too...tx

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marallyn.

Last day of Succoth, there is a Prayer for Rain.
This year I said it thinking of you and Israel
All I can say :" You're welcome ".
And if there is anything else you wish for, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Your wish is my command.

At the next JCC board meeting I'll propose Guv's idea as this winter's campaign.
Of course I'll give credit, where credit is due.
"Lets keep Israel wet" and/or , " Wet is good ".
I hope it will be approved ASAP.

Be safe, be well, be wet and keep out of trouble
With lots of love
The Bald and the beautiful

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear beauty...thank you thank you thank you...now could you make bubbie channah win the lottery please? :))) great comment funny funny funny

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Leann said...

we love a good old rain storm here in the USA in my neck of the woods too.its been dry in some places here.texas where my sister in law lives its been bad.thank the Lord we heard they got some.and in a few places they still need rain bad.we even got snow early.ishy!!not ready for that.what is sooo important.God bless you and thank you for the comment on my blog,you are welcome anytime.pray for the USA and our leaders to stand strong with you.for we followers of the Lord love our jewish brothers and sisters.but those who do not love the Lord do not.if the wrong people were to get in the white house there could be problems for you and us.shalom from your friend in the USA.God bless you as I know he does.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

come to jerusalem leann...here talking to God is a local call :)))

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there.
As for Bubby Channah's wish.
It will come true.
If not this Tuesday, then next Sunday.
If not next Sunday then following Tuesday.
And so on,so on, so on.
Biz hundred und tzwzntzik.
Keep the hope alive.
Lord works in mysterious ways.

Shavoah Tov.
Be safe.
Love
The bald and the beautiful

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ahhhhhhhhhh beauty...you ain't no dumb blond...what a great great answer...nishikot...stay safe

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiiii sojourner...thanks for dropping in...you get the feeling sometimes that the inmates have left the nest??? stay safe my friend

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Keli Ata said...

Hi Marallyn,

Love your blog, and your attitude towards...everything!

be back soon

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom keliata...thank you so much for dropping in and for your kind words...will be thrilled to see you anytime...shabbat shalom...stay safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home