Friday, December 29, 2006

HELLO HONEY, I'M HOMEEEEE

Hi, everyone. I'm back online. My brother Dovidle arrived safely. Thank God. The weatherman was absolutley right this time and the heaven's opened and the rains fell down. Now, we in Israel count the drops. Sure we do. We watch the red line in the Kineret to make sure that the water level is such that we aren't going to be competing with tadpoles next summer. Euuuuuu!

But, just to make sure, I got to the airport at 1:30 in the morning. His plane wasn't due to arrive until 3:35, but I figured that, in case it really did snow, and the roads to and from Jerusalem were closed it would be smarter if we were both stranded at the airport together. We are not equipped for snow...no snow tires...no real experience handling the roads...for one or two days every couple of years, it doesn't pay to do a whole winter thingee...never mind, where was I ? Oh yes, so I got to the airport early. Quiet at that hour. Nice.

The time flew by and there I was standing by the flowing water barriers ( why do they do that? all that water only makes me want to pish, vey!) and watching the new arrivals come through the sliding doors.

Eight planes arrived at the same time that morning. You know how you end up asking the new arrivals what plane they were on, as you continue looking for your loved one? Well, one plane landed and I knew. The one from Bombay. These guys came off wearing sandals, for heaven's sake, and short pants!!! and had little blankets wrapped around their shoulders. And they all needed a hair cut.

'This isn't the plane from Paris,' I said to myself and smiled. Welcome, you guys from India. Glad you are home safely.

Then there he was! My brother! So I did what I always do...I cried. Just little tears for joy. And we did what we always do. We called Bubbie Channah on my cell phone and then Dovidle went to the bathroom and I got us something to drink. That few minutes of 'alone time' is so precious, as we look at each other amazed to be back together again.

The strong winds did cause his plane to abort landing and head up quickly towards the sky, which frightened the bejeezus out of everyone. But, thank God they landed safely and we are all together.

The ride home in the sherut...a great mini van service whereby they fill up with about seven people and for 45 shekels deliver you right to your door...was spooky as the rain was pouring down heavier than I can remember and lightning and thunder only added to the drama.

But we made it and within a couple of hours it did snow. But, we were all home safe and sound so the snow was only an added joy.

I miss the snow. Like the leaves turning in the fall. I miss the changes in the weather.

Anyway, I've got to go. Just needed to drop in and say that the internet is connected again at Bubbie Channah's and I am back in business.

A sweet shabbat shalom to you all.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Val said...

Enjoy your brother... glad you have connectivity.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Leann said...

so glad to hear your brother got there safely.have a good time and fill us in when you can.shalom.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom val...thanks so much...always a joy seeing you here...happy happy new year!!!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

dear leann...thank you so much...hope to have a bit more time in the coming days and look forward to visiting your blot and those of my other friends... a happy new year to you all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home