Tuesday, January 09, 2007

AMO AMAS AMAT...OR HOW TO BECOME A LATIN LOVER

I don't know about you, but when I was in high school we studied Latin. Lovely language btw and like solving a difficult puzzle or algebra problem, when you finally got it translated the feeling of joy was amazing.

I love language. Nu, so why are you suprised...does a fat person love food? Does an extrovert need words? Of course we do!!!

So you can imagine my surprise the other day when I got the following email from my friend Cecil:

The Centers for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new virulent strain of Sexually Transmitted Disease. This disease is contracted through dangerous and high-risk behaviour. The disease is called GONORRHEA LECTIM .

It seems that this highly contagious disease started in the States and now it is spreading to Israel and Europe. OY.

After ten days at Bubbie Channah's watching Fox news 24/7 I almost caught it myself!

So, I quickly washed my hands with soap, turned off the television and picked up a book instead. VENI , VIDI, VICI :)

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

12 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope. Ain't gonna re-elect him.

Can't.

I shudder to think who the next guy will be.

Or girl.

Friends of Israel are thin on the ground in the swamps of Washington.

- John

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute post. The quickest way to catch anything (except intelligence) is to watch the news. lol

Be safe and blessed.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

always wanted to learn latin, but the english lanquage has challenged me way to much,

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why concern your lil' ol' self with a warning of such magnitude ?

Make changes in your immediate world instead. Embrace the following:

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI .

The Guv

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shabbat shalom john...thin on the ground...until the floods my dear friend...stay safe honey

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

tim you are so funny...and sooooooooo right...have a great weekend my friend...shabbat shalom and thanks for dropping in

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiii cheated...latin is a great language...easier learned when you are twelve!!!...stay safe my friend

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

tu quoque guv, tu quoque...ps and besides that you are damn funny...underwear my aunt fanny lolol...shabbat shalom...miss you

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You picked the right relative ! Did you happen to know that, when everyone around her was wearing cotton guttkahs that came down to the knees, Aunt Fanny a.h. always wore thongs ? And saucy garter belts ? The vixen. A woman before her times.

The Guv

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv...my dearest friend...and exactly how did you know that...oy...shabbat shalom guv

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Fanny a.h. and Malka Y. a.h. used to give Frederick's of Hollywood house parties three times a year that I went to regularly.

The Guv

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

guv!!!! get out of here!!!!!!!! you have got to be kidding!!! that is hysterical...boggles the mind...boggles...yahooooo for aunt fanny and mrs. y....the pillars of society in fire engine red thongs...who would have thought!!! hahahahahahahaha i love it!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home