Tuesday, February 20, 2007

MAYBE NOT SO FUNNY

One sunny day in 2008, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue where he'd been sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with
President Hillary Clinton ."

The Marine replied, "Sir, Mrs. Clinton is not President and doesn't reside here."

The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same
Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton".

The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mrs. Clinton is not President and doesn't reside here."

The man thanked him and again walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying, "I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mrs. Clinton. I've told you already several times that Mrs. Clinton is not the President
and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"

The old man answered, "Oh, I understand you fine, I just love hearing your answer!"

The Marine snapped to attention and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir."
---tx chavah
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A mind is such a terrible thing to waste.
The laughter of a child is the best sound in the world.

I've been thinking and thinking how we are going to keep our children laughing with the leaders of the world that we have today.

Any ideas? I know what I would do if we had a representative government in this country. Isn't the shortest distance still a straight line? No one sees that the Saudis and the terrorists are in cahoots? Like maybe one person in the universe thought that Arafat, that mamzer, deserved the Nobel Peace prize.

So what are we going to do about it? Me? Today I'm going out to lunch with Bubbie Channah and then tonight is my writing class.

Soon it will be Purim here. Maybe I'll wear a chicken costume and run around shouting, 'The sky is falling! The sky is falling!'

Waddya think?

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

14 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Perez said...

You are right.....How do we keep everyone laughing and not worring about things. I love the joke. I haven't laughed like that in a long time-sigh-Maybe we all need a chicken outfit.

Take care and stay safe-perez

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Geologychick said...

That is too funny! Still unsure who I am voting for, though... :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom perez...all of us chickens...i'll be the kosher one with the fluffy feathers lolol

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiiiiii chick...you are already a chicken lolol...doesn't matter who you vote for as long as you vote...well that is what i think...have a great day...nice seeing you again

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Leann said...

I love the joke!!!and I pray to God that marine can keep right on saying it.cause if that were to happen all hell would break lose.this country is surely not ready for that.we need someone in the white house who is a good judge of people.she couldnt tell how to pick a good husband how could she run the country?Iam voting for the one who would vote like Jesus.and old hillary dont!!!

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who told you this story? I take exception with it. After all, I was the man who continued asking the question, and I don't think I am that old! :D

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha, you posted it!!! I thought it was pretty funny too.
I don't know who I'm voting for either, but I can tell you who I'm NOT voting for! lololol. And yes, it is important to exercise our right to vote, and it absolutely does matter "who" we cast our votes for. In times past, we could vote for the person, but that's no longer the case. Got to think it through.
Be well and stay safe.
Hugs,
Chavah

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said...

Great joke! You got tagged by Muse so I rolled in for a visit, nice blog!

I have another great "Hillary" joke I'm going to post on my bloggy.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Shpitzle Shtrimpkind said...

I think I'd come back three times, just to hear you yell "The Sky is falling" in that chicken costume.

LMAO. Love a joke on a politician's account.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

yahoooooo leann...you go girl

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

tim you are not!!! old i mean...you are a breath of fresh air...and that will keep you young forever...stay safe my dear friend

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

chavah i laughed and then thought hmmmmmm so thanks for sending it...hi honey how's by you?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom jakob...thanks so much for dropping in...off to see your blog and find out what you have to say about hillary...sigh...

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shpitzle...you are funny...thanks for dropping in

 

Post a Comment

<< Home