Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

Well, we ate and ate and ate and ate...rested a bit...then ate some more. And a grand, good, great time was had by all. Today...the diet...sigh.

When I opened my email this morning I received four emails that I wanted to share with you. THANK YOU YORAM, ROSALINE, AND ITSY. Good to smile first thing in the morning, dontcha think?

The first was a photo of a motorcycle guy...you know the type, Hell's Angels. He had his helmet under one arm and was wearing a black, short sleeved T-shirt. The caption on the back, in Hebrew said:
'IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THEN THE DUMB BROAD FELL OFF!'

Can't help it, I laughed like hell. In Hebrew it said: Im attah yechol likroh et zeh, siman sh h'pustemmah naflah. Even funnier in Hebrew, if you understand the language. Don't bother looking up pustemmah in your bible or Hebrew dictionary...it's slang and loosely translated is 'dumb broad'.

Here's one that made me nod my head:
‘Oof, I wish this lesson would be over,’ whispered one student to another.
‘I wish this day was finished,’ one secretary said to another.
‘When is this week going to end already?’ the worker asked himself.
‘I can’t wait for the month to end,’ the manager thought.
‘Let these three years pass quickly,’ the soldier wrote home.

Only an elderly couple, who were sitting on a bench looking
at the setting sun, turned to each other and said, ‘I wish
this moment would last forever.’

THEN WOWOWOWOWEEEE:
PUT THIS IN YOUR DATE BOOK! This is the only time this will ever happen
At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07. This will not happen again before the year 2107.

FINALLY, WHAT IS IT THAT MEL BROOKS ALWAYS SAID AS THE 2,000 YEAR OLD MAN? OH YES,
'WE MOCK THE THINGS WE ARE TO BE.'

Baby Boomer Blues
It was fun being a baby boomer... until now. Some of the artists
of the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics, to accommodate
aging baby boomers.

They include:

Herman's Hermits--- Mrs.. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker.

Ringo Starr--- I Get By With a Little Help From Depends.

The Bee Gees--- How Can You Mend a Broken Hip.

Bobby Darin--- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash.

Roberta Flack--- The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face.

J ohnny Nash--- I Can't See Clearly Now.

Paul Simon--- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver

The Commodores--- Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.

Marvin Gaye--- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts.

Procol Harem--- A Whiter Shade of Hair.

Leo Sayer--- You Make Me Feel Like Napping.

The Temptations--- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone.

Abba--- Denture Queen.

Tony Orlando--- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall.

Helen Reddy--- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore.
Leslie Gore--- It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To.

And my favorite:
Willie Nelson--- On the Commode Again

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

24 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07. This will not happen again before the year 2107."

Only if you're American. Otherwise it'll happen on the 5th of June. (Unless you're Japanese, in which case it happened about 2 years ago.)

Marallyn: thanks for making me laugh. :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiii miriam...when you are right you are right...how did you do that??? thanks for dropping in

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

How wonderful and refreshing I found this post - brought a laugh, just what I needed - on a dull,rainy day - here in Scotland.

We all need humour in our lives - and your post - was our tonic!!

Thank you so much.

Peter

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom peter!!! thanks for your comments...so good to hear from you...yup a little chuckle keeps you thin...if you hold anger inside it goes to your hips...my momma told me that and Bubbie Channah never lies...have a great day

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lovely to meet you! Thanks for your visit, and I will have 5 questions for you in a few days.

I had seen that last one recently, but it is truly funny and I was glad to see it again...They are so true, too!
I'm older than a Baby Boomer, so these are even more true I'm afraid...(LOL)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Susan said...

My husband walked in the room just as I was beginning to read your post so I read it aloud to him. We both about cracked up over the motorcyclist!!!! And we, are the older couple, relishing every minute of every day.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hello Marallyn funny post.

Thanks for droppin' by on my blog, and your nice cooment.

Hatzlacha Rabba!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Thanks for the laugh!! Hopefully one day we can meet!! :)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

How fun! I laughed also!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

ANY assistance I give is a Little help!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger wendy said...

dumb broad... wahahaha! Funny songs, too!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom oldlady...i don't know...that picture of you looks like a great broad to me :))) thanks for dropping in and i look forward to your questions...great idea...love your blog too...will come visit again soon

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my! I'm laughing so hard. Thanks for the funnies! The last one really got me "On the Commode Again",boy can I relate. It was nice visiting here with you again today.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ah penless good to laugh no???

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shaom chossid...always happy to hear from you...thanks for dropping in

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ahhhh geologychick...i would LOVE that

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks pen...i agree...

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ouch john...the writing group is waiting for you in four well maybe five months...ptew

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi wendy...made me laugh out loud too

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

ROFLOL! thanks for the song list..Oh my, I wish it weren't all so...relevant?!?!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Val said...

You again made me smile and then actually laugh out loud. Great talent! Loved the 'older couple' enjoying the moment.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi jungle...getting old ain't for sissies lol

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom val...good to laugh...even if it's at ourselves...thanks for dropping in

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Leann said...

LOL.love it.I love the jewish answers.that time thing is cool.me I can hardly keep the days stright lately so I didnt know anything about it.hae a great day and God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home