Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WADJA SAY???

It all started off by a five minute medical report on Fox News. Big mistake! I told you I never watch the news. But as I was flipping the channel there I was just in time to watch a story about a man who had cancer of the nose and died!!!!!!!!!! CANCER OF THE NOSE?

And when did I see this, you may well ask. As I was suffering, yet once again, from a head cold that went into sinus problems and irritated the polyps in my nose.

Don't ask how I made my friends crazy. So crazy that I went to my doctor. Now, my good doctor loves it when I show up in his clinic. No, not because I am sick, but because I think I'm his only comic relief of the day.

He did try not to smile when I told him my sad tale of the poor man and his nose. He did. And sent me to my ear nose and throat guy. He too tried not to smile and sent me for a cat scan 'Not because I think you have cancer of the nose, tfu tfu tfu, but I know that you won't sleep until you see that you are all right.'

Smart man. Of course, we will not talk about the two weeks I had to wait...oh they had earlier appointments, but I needed a day and date that was right for me...don't go there. Then I had to wait a week for the results. Then my doctor was on vacation for three weeks...of course he was.
So, I went back to my G.P. and he said that I have chronic sinusitis and me and my nose will just have to grow old together.

After three weeks, I went back to the ear nose and throat guy and while I was there I said that I think my hearing isn't so hotsy totsy. He said, 'Of course not. You have chronic sinusitis in five places and polyps, but go do a hearing test."

OK. Today was the hearing test. Picture this. There we all were in the out patient clinic of Bikur Cholim Hospital. A hearing test. Remember? So where is this test being held? Right off the main reception room of the clinic. All morning long people were coming in and walking out shouting to the lady behind the desk.

I was sixth in line. There was a nice lady with a little girl. They had a running conversation going so that the little girl wouldn't be too bored. An elderly couple who made me look young. A lady about my age with a diamond ring we would all love to own. An arab couple with their three children, one of which kept running out the door and screaming.

A hearing test, remember.

Every once in a long while, the tester would come out and call out the name of the next person. Now you would think that since we were all suffering some form of hearing loss that she would be in the quietest part of the clinic and not in the middle of Grand Central Station, right? Wrong! And, you would think she would have a nice little microphone so that all the hearing impared could hear their name being called, right? Wrong again.

Whispering a name, we all turned to one another and said, "Wadshesay?" Sigh.

Finally, I moved right next to the door. When she called my name I was right there. Yahooooo, I can hear! I thought and smiled at my neighbours.

Well, dear ones. I am happy to tell you that my hearing is great. Nu, not as great as when I was twenty-three, but for my age it is wonderful. No, I don't need a hearing aid. No, I am not losing my hearing. It is simply just a little less than it was. Yahooooooooooooo.

The moral of this story is...never listen to the news, it can get you into terrible trouble.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

21 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

You are a delight!I am so glad that I have found your blog.

My prayers are with you and yours. Take care and keep laughing!!!!!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

LOL! Now, I have had several skin lesions removed. Skin Cancer ,you know! You better go make an appointment with a dermatologist!! I loved this post.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Leann said...

first thanks for stopping on my blog.that has become doon and goom and misrty on me.but cant help what is going on.
Ill most likely have people dropping off from it like flys after raid bug spray.but a girl most be honest and say it like it is.
glad your beak is ok.yes stay away from the news.

my granny use to read those dang rag magizines the national crap mag, and the other ones.they are so full of lies I shutter to ever look at them for fear some of their trash will get on me!!!
and people read that crap let alone buy it.

well she would call me every few days with fallen aches,hemroyds,testy problems and she didnt even have them!!!
finely I said where in the blue blazes are you getting this bull crap?????!!!!
she said in one or the other of these rags.I said I can cure you fast granny.but you have to promise me you will do just as I said! she promised.
I said "now use those mags as fire starters and dont buy any more. Ill save you my bills to burn, and we will both be healed!!!
with in a week she was finely enjoying her life.the woman was healhty she lived to 94,and went home cause she was ready.

I love the way you told your story. hope you are just kidding about some of it thow.cause if your that afriad of things we need to talk.
God bless you my friend and have a great week.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Val said...

You are hysterical and a SUCH a worry-wart! Don't EVER watch the news again. EVER!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

You are right, you have to watch out for that news.LOL. It is good to know that Doctor's Offices here are not the only ones like you described. connie from Texas

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahaha thanks jennifer...me too about your blog...godda laugh or your hips grow fat :)))

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

i'm one step ahead of you jungle mom...you aren't surprised now, are you??? actually i had a brown spot on my cheek which was removed years ago...better to be safe than sorry...not much i can do about the terrorists or the evil ones who walk the planet though...sigh

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

leann i really think these blogs are for saying what is in your heart...good for you...get it out and turn the page

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom val...when you are right, you are right...yahooooooooooooo girlfriend yahooooooooo

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom connie...if we loose our sense of humour we're doomed...so i just keep on looking at the half full glass and laughing as i go along...stay safe

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

It's amazing how the media can plant thoughts in us and give us so much to worry about. I know a few people who won't even watch or listen to the news for that very reason.
I'm glad you are ok, and enjoyed reading your post.

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What a wonderful sense of humor you have. I needed this laugh.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Perez said...

You make me laugh with some of these crazy stories you have.

Take care and you have paranoia. LOL-perez

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom mountain mama...yes you are right...i remember the good old days when reporters did just that...reported...peroid...sigh...thanks
for dropping in

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiii penless...you godda laugh or your hips spread...honest :)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom perez...wait till you get old like me heehee

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoyed this post! You have a great way of pulling me into your life and day. Take care now.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellooooooo my funny friend. You are such a riot!! You know what's really amusing is that I remember sitting around the old folks, listening for hours about their aches and pains, wondering why they couldn't find something else to talk about. An you know what? I find myself and my friends doing the same thing now. What happened?

You should know, my aunt had a cancer on her nose and she also died from it. I'm glad you got checked-out and your mind is at ease because stress is not healthy.

Also thrilled for you that you finished your book! Can't wait to read it. You are such a great writer and have a gift for drawing people in.

Pesach is almost upon us. I should have been born a Jew so my house would get a thorough cleaning at least once a year! I used to do the Spring cleaning thing, but now it's a little here, a little there and never seems to all be done at the same time. Life is just too busy.

Have a beautiful Pesach. I'll think of you at our seder Monday evening.

Shalom, shalom

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger CaraqueƱa said...

Wow! You're great for a good laugh! My #3 wonderful son and I are laughing as we read your post. I agree...the news is for the birds, especially in Venezuela! I am so excited to have found someone who REALLY lives in Jerusalem. I would love to go there...maybe I'll have to wait for the NEW one though. =)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom chavah...you are always welcome at my seder...next year in jerualem ok???? and thanks about the book...talk to you soon

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom caraquena...love it that you and your son are reading my blog...just love it...wanna come for coffee???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home