Tuesday, April 10, 2007

TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING

I just wrote an entire blog about our Pessach holiday and it got lost someplace in cyberspace. So, being the mystic that I am, I figured that it was the wrong blog to post. Don't laugh. It's either that, or get really upset and try to rewrite the darn thing all over again.

Nope, not me. Ok. So here is the shortened version. Pesach came and went. Still pooped. Ate too much. Back on the diet. Sigh!!!

The longer version was much funnier. Believe me.

Off to meet Bubbie Channah for lunch. We're going to a place called 'Two Steps'. The real name is Mervad HaKsamim (the flying carpet) and is a great Yeminite restaurant right downtown and downstairs from her apartment.

The original restaurant used to have two little steps to climb in order to enter and my Dad AH could never remember the name...voila Two Steps.

I think today will be chicken shishlik (cubes of chicken on skewers) and cooked vegetables and salad.

I miss pessach already.

Hope you had a great holiday. I missed us.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

9 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

This version was pretty funny! You must be quite a character!

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! While you are there, can you pick up a carpet for me?

I assume that they are cheaper than airline flights?

Can I have something in a dark red colour? Although a light brown would also be nice.

Miss y'all!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

The "Two Steps" place sound like so much fun. I hope you have a good time. I always enjoy your writing whether long or short, funny or serious. connie from Texas

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Val said...

Sorry you lost the original post, and that really stinks - i know -- believe me!
Glad you had a nice holiday.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi jungle...i am i am...just ask anyone

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

john you bad boy where have you been??? i was getting worried already...one dark red or light brown carpet has been ordered...come home already

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi connie...ya godda have a sense of humour

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi val...up to here but will come visit your blog as soon as i can...stay safe my dear friend

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed a beautiful Pesach and thought of you. The food was out of this world! Ate too much, as usual. I'm sorry the cyber-gremlin ate your first post. He's probably still laughing from all the funnies you printed. I would imagine it tickled his funny bone real good! Elijah didn't show up, so Maybe next year in Jerusalem!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home