Friday, May 04, 2007

IN REGIONE CAECORUM REX EST LUSCUS

'In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.' Desiderius Erasmus (1466-1536)

So, ask me what's new? Go ahead. Ask me.

Don't ask.

Now let's see. Our Foreign Minister, Tsipi Livi, just committed hara-kiri as she thought she could lead a bloodless coup to oust Olmert and take his place. Sorry, Tsip. You are playing in the big leagues now and I think you have just turned yourself into toast.

The rally in Rabin Sqare last night in Tel Aviv hosted around 150,000 demonstrators in a valiant effort to get Olmert to resign. Let's see now what happens in the on-going saga of 'I'm sitting in my seat until the cows come home'.

Now, and here comes the biggie for today. But, first, you know how much I love this country. What a gift it is to live in Jerusalem. But like all gifts, it is dear...in both senses of the word.

So, get this. Israel has a gazillion political parties...sigh...and then they scramble to make up the 61 minimum coalition in order to run the government (120 members of the Knesset).

Among all those parties are Arab parties. Yes, we have Arab Chaveri(Members)Knesset. I always thought that was sort of like letting the cat guard the dish of milk, but who am I and what do I know? No one wants to be thought of as a bigot.

For those of you who don't know, Azmi bishara, was head of his party, Balad, until April of this year, when he resigned. When he discovered that he was being investigated for crimes against the state, he took off and couldn't be stopped because he had parliamentary immunity.

Now that he resigned, his immunity is gone but so is he. Sigh. Hello??? Is anyone watching the store?

Guess what the member of our Knesset did while he was in office!

www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1178096592312&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull


In one of the most serious cases of espionage in Israeli history, the Shin
Bet (Israel Security Agency) revealed Wednesday that former Balad chairman
Azmi Bishara was under investigation for allegedly spying on behalf of
Hizbullah during the Second Lebanon War by providing the guerrilla group
with targets for their rockets, as well as classified military information.

The former MK allegedly transferred to Hizbullah information, predictions,
assessments and recommendations about the political echelon, the IDF and the
Israeli public during the war.


In addition to supplying information to a Hizbullah intelligence agent,
Bishara allegedly held contacts with intelligence officials from other
countries.

Bishara, the Shin Bet said, also received detailed missions from Hizbullah,
which he carried out.

During the war, Bishara reportedly gave advice to Hizbullah on how to
"deepen their strikes against Israel." He also allegedly gave advice
concerning the effects of Hizbullah's use of long-range missiles south of
Haifa, and Israel's response to the attacks. Several days after supposedly
Bishara gave his opinion to Hizbullah, rockets fell south of Haifa.

He also allegedly transferred military information to Hizbullah that,
according to the Shin Bet, he knew to have been classified by the IDF
censor. Bishara also supposedly informed Hizbullah of what he called
"Israel's intention to target Hizbullah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah."


AND WE LET THE MAMZER GO.

Hello??? Is anybody there? Who's minding the store? You turned a 'blind eye' and wished him bon voyage?

What can I tell you? How far does democracy go before it becomes ridiculous?

I don't know. But I'm still glad that I live in a democratic country that is willing to give the 'other guy' a chance.

BUT. I always say...anyone can screw me once. If I let them get me a second time then I have no one to blame, but myself.

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of The Chosen Kids...wait, wait...I mean People.

Shabbat shalom.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Got to admire your Foreign Minister Tsipi Livi for standing up (while the men were - no where to be seen).

Perhaps a little inexperienced - and it made news here as well as the demonstration against Olmert - sadly the news commentator agreed in that it was unlikely Olmert would resign.

Given what you have just said about Shin Bet's investigations into Bashara - this should give the added ammunition for Olmert's departure - immediately!!

How was "Bashara" allowed such "sensitive and classified" acess???

His departure - was this approved by others to avoid further embarassment?

I thought here in the UK we had it bad with the political scene - power breeds corruption and even more so in a Political arena!!

Have a good day my friend and I quote your wise words "Stay Safe".

Peter

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Have they forgotten the word "treason"?

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is just so incredibly sick.

What a world we live in.

Thanks for the post. It'll probably wind up in at least one of my posts next week. We'll see.

- John

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my. Your government AND mine!
What ever happened to integrity, honesty, morality, kindness, good manners, loyalty and decency? We seem to be on a very slippery slope and what lays ahead is not good.

Stay safe my dear friend. I'm looking forward to August!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Schvach said...

Hello Marallyn:
First, thanks for adding a link to my blog site on your Links luach - you're the first.
Secondly, having introduced Tsipi Livni's apparent political suicide with a bit of the franca lingua of the classical Romans hit the bull's eye. Hasn't she ever read history?
-Schvach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home