Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MERDE

Well, there I was getting happy with France for the first time in a very long time. See, the French, since De Gaulle got pissed that we didn't wait to be turned into ashes by our neighbours in 1967, have not been our number one fans.

Actually, they have done a lot of yukky things such as not allowing our boats to leave Cherbourg. Remember that story? Google it...I am sure it is there. Along with capturing Eichman, may his name be erased from memory, and Entebbe...Cherbourg was a humdinger of a story.

I was a tourist in the country the day they pulled into port.

Sacré bleu! The French!

Then along comes Sarkozy! Who, I thought...silly me...was different. Get this my friends.

Sarkozy urges Netanyahu: Get rid of Lieberman
By Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondent Last update - 21:54 29/06/2009
www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1096504.html

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has urged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
to "get rid" of hard-line Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Channel Two
reported on Monday.

The Foreign Ministry responded to the report by lambasting the French leader
for his "intolerable intervention in internal Israeli affairs."

Sarkozy spent a good portion of his meeting with Netanyahu last Wednesday
discussing the composition of the Israeli official, according to the report.
The presence of three other Israeli officials at the meeting did not deter
the French leader from expressing his true opinion of the foreign minister,
said Channel Two.


Well! Did you ever? How gauche!

First of all, as Bubbie Channah A'H would say,"It's none of his khazersheh business!"

Wait! Wait! I get it! Now all the heads of countries can move diplomats around like chess pieces on a big board. I don't like Ahmadinadoole...checkmate! Hamas in Gaza? Checkmate! How about that bin Laden? Think he should be mated?

How dare you Mr.French President Nicolas Sarkozy?!?!

I never thought I would say this. Come closer, I may have to whisper...I love Lieberman. There, I said it! Why? because I trust him. I may not like everything he says but he says it out loud...in your face. And, after all the sleezy politicians we have had here lately, that is like a breath of fresh air.

One evening, about a year and a half ago, my friend Rena and I were out for dinner. At the time, we were the only people in that part of the restaurant. All of a sudden a guy walks in with an ear piece like the secret service wear. How do I know? I live in Israel. These guys are everywhere a major politician is. You know the look. White cord comes out the back or side of the guy's collar...has a little curly thing like a miniature phone cord and plugs in to one ear.

He checks out the room and then talks into his watch or something and a few minutes later Lieberman and party entered the room and sat across from us.

The man is not someone you could miss or ignore. The man is surrounded by an aura of strength that is almost palpable. The kind of power that is sexy. Well, you know what I mean.

We smiled at each other...ate our meals...exchanged a few words...wished him good luck...and left.

He was charming. I told you, you can run into the most interesting political people in normal restaurants here.

A few weeks ago I was at the beauty parlor talking to Natalie my miracle worker. I happened to mention Lieberman and how amazed I am that I am beginning to really like him.

Oh, Natalie said. He is wonderful.
You know him? I asked.
Yes. And his wife and daughter are amazing women.

Israel! Dontcha just love it?

Mr. French President. Clean up your own house before you point a finger at mine. And, as my Daddy A'H used to say, "Remember, Marallyn, every time you point a finger at someone, you have three more pointing back at you."

I guess the French President didn't have a daddy like I did.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess it's just "in style" to dictate to Israel what to do and how to do it. Afterall, didn't some high-ranking American buttinsky just tell Israel there must be zero growth in the settlements???

I don't know much about your Mr. Lieberman, but I hope you can hang onto him. He sounds like just what Israel needs to protect you from the wolves at the door.

Stay safe my friend.
Chavaleh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home