Monday, January 22, 2007

THE OLD GREY MAR, SHE AIN'T WHAT SHE USED TO BE...SIGH

Thank you, dear all of you, who thought I was terrific when I wrote my busy schedule yesterday. You have no idea how I hate to burst your bubble, but here are the facts...or as Detective Joe Friday used to say, 'All we want are the facts ma'am.'

By the time I shlepped myself into the house last night and ate a little of my roast chicken with the roasted vegetables, which were fabulous if I do say so myself, and hauled my sorry tushie into bed I fell asleep like an old poop in front of the TV.

And I missed all my good programs that were on: Dancing with the Stars, Israeli version...I saw one dancer and said 'Yahoo I love this' and then fell asleep before the next dancer appeared.

But the truth is that I needed the rest. Still on antibiotics and feeling a whole lot better. Darn sinuses...oy.

Ok. Here is my list of favourite shows on TV, in random order.
1.Ha Shir Shelanu...Our Song, an Israeli soap that is beyond kitchy and I have been hooked so long that I am now into season Four (and you thought I was a classy broad).
2. Dancing with the Stars...any version.
3. House
4. Desperate Housewives
5. Survivor
6.Grey's Anatomy
7.Monkey World...don't ask. Have been watching for so long even I recognize some of the chimps.
8.Amazing Makeover...Home Edition. They find some family who is down on their luck and redo their home from top to bottom. Makes me cry every week.
9.Ice Skating. Even before that Russian did his sexy version of Sex Bomb. I love watching the skaters.
10.All the Cooking Shows.
11. The Actor's Studio.
12.British comedy...Are You Being Served? Keeping Up Appearances...
13.American Idol...best show since The Gong Show went off the air.
14. and if I have to watch the news, then Fox News.
15. I am leaving this spot open cuz I know I forgot something.

And the pitiful thing is that more and more lately I am having to watch the reruns at three when I wake up to 'coffee out'.

Ahhhhhh the joys of aging...sigh.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

10 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Perez said...

I love Are You Being Served? That has to be my favorite and As Time Goes By...That one is good. Take care-perez

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Leann said...

I liked skating to.use to watch it with hubby.he use to skate for the nationals but its been 10 years ago now.and sence we arent together anymore my intest seems to have faded.I like to watch survivor to.CSI and Greys anatomy once in a while.the cooking shows I love.Paula dean and the barefoot contessa.good old home stick to your ribbs and thighs cooking.yummy.your chicken sounded good.God bless.

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah . . . the good ol' tele. I watched two hours of American Idol with me missus and struggle through all the clowns. Then I watched one and one-half games of football yesterday (more than I watched the entire season).

I don't watch much television because I feel guilty. So I blog . . . and feel guilty. :)

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

I was a "mitnadevet" for several weeks in 1984 on Kibbutz Lavi. Being that it was an "Anglo-Saxon"-founded kibbutz, there were a lot of ex-Americans and Brits. I used to sit in the guest house lobby in the evenings and watch "Are You Being Served?" I associate that show, believe it or not, with Israel!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hi perez...good to laugh no???

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom leann...i agree...stick to your ribs and thighs...sigh...stay safe my friend

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hahaha tim...guilt...see down in my heart i knew you had a jewish mama...they teach guilt almost as good as YOU KNOW WHO...lol...stay safe my friend...love to the missus

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

ah 'pearl you would be a perfect israeli!!!...for years my kids called me mrs. slokum cuz i changed my hair colour so often lolol...hope all is well by you and yours and your daddy is doing better...thanks for dropping in

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Val said...

Love 'idol', ice skating and the home show (i cry every week, as well!)
I have to wonder at your sanity that you like "House" though. I find that guy THE most annoying man on TV! BLECH TOOEY. Can't get past him.. have tried to like the show - just can't.
But that's what makes life interesting, no? Differences! ;)
Have a good day, friend.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiii val...house is a real sob...but if anyone i know every God forbid needed a doctor, i want him...bubbie channah always said, "so what if he's a doctor...where did he graduate in his class???"...hope you have a super great wonderful day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home