Monday, January 15, 2007

SEE, IT'S ALL 'CUZ I RAISED THEM RIGHT

I love being a mom. I love being a bubbie, but I love being a mom. Well, most of the time. There is an Arabic expression that goes like this: 'Raising children is like chewing on a stone.'

My brother Dovidle used to go sailing and when I asked him what it was like he said,' Hours of unending bordom interrupted by moments of unbelieveable terror!'

Raising kids is something like that. But when they look up at you and say, Imma, I love you, all is forgiven and you have the strength to carry on another day.

I taught my kids not to lie. Not to steal. Not to write on the walls, except for one interesting day when my little daughter decided to decorate the wall with what was left of her half-eaten apple. (Remember invisible ink? Don't ask!)

And, I taught my children to share. My two oldest are twenty months apart and then ten years later we had the baby. So, the baby virtually grew up with two sets of parents...one set was cool and the other set were the lawmakers.

Now my babies are all grown up and my oldest son has two babies of his own...sweetsie tootsie and sweetsie girl. And they are teaching the babies the same values that they grew up with.

Ask me how I know? Go ahead!

Well, the first time I got sick this winter was when I went to take care of my daughter who was sick with the flu. She shared.

The second time I got sick, sweetsie girl kissed me and again we shared.

This week, my youngest coughed in my direction and we shared again.

Right to the sinuses! But this time I woke up this morning with my cheek swollen and my eye kinda funny. Called the doctor (of course I did...Bubbie Channah says about doctors...'Big deal he has a diploma on the wall...ask him where he graduated in his class!' :)

What can I tell you? Here I am, back again on antibiotics. I'm a vision of lovliness.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marallyn, sometimes you don't share. Sometimes you need to look after number one and let everyone manage their problems without you. Get well soon!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not AGAIN!

Stop it! Right this minute!

No more being sick, and furthermore you are GROUNDED! (until you are better!)

- John

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the . . . uh . . . sharing. :o) Hope you feel great soon.

My eyes are acting funny, only because I can barely keep my eyes open. lol

Time for bed.

Take care and be blessed.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Batya said...

refuah shleimah!!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence ! My face is swollen also. And painful. Well, at least to LOOK at.

But, I'm thinking that 10 days of antibiotics would be much easier to handle than the four months of dieting that I will have to suffer through in order to bring my facial features back to normal proportions once again.

See how lucky you are, Giveret ? And, talking about lucky... Your offspring surround you. If I wanted to share something, like a cold, with my grown sprouts, I'd have to travel across an ocean, or toot down a major highway for four hours. Yup, you're lucky ! Blessed, in fact. Even with the swollen cheek and strange looking eye.

The Guv

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

miriam...you are right of course, but i still haven't learned how to do that...sigh...maybe in my next life...tx

john...hiiiiiiiii honey...when i get up and roaming i'll get a headset for the laptop and we'll skype, ok?

tim...thanks for the good wishes...me and my antibiotics are becoming great friends...oy

muse...appreciate it...hope all is well with you and yours

guv!!! i always see the glass half full...and if it's diet coke i finish it of tout suite...but seriously i know what you are saying and i am blessed to have babies nearby...and my extended family only an email or phone call away...wanna come over for turkey necks???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home