Wednesday, March 14, 2007

YAHOOOOOOOO...IT'S RAINING

I love the winter. I never really realized just how much I loved the winter until I left Canada and moved to Jerusalem.

Hot. Lots of hot. What's a person like me doing in a place like this, I often wondered. Oh, not the city. Not the country. Just the weather.

When I moved to Jerusalem thirty-seven (wow) years ago we had different weather. Hot in the daytime and cool at night. Now in the summer we have hot and hotter and we seem to have more months of it. Sigh.

But this winter we are having a wonderful time with cold and rain and even a little snow this year.

Two days ago it was 23 degrees. Oy. That's it, I wondered. The whole winter is over? Then I remembered that it always rains after Pessach so we have time yet.

Yesterday it went from happy spring to back to winter as the temperatures fell and it began to drizzle. The drizzle turned to real rain and all night the wind blew and the trees swayed and the windows rattled and the rain pounded on the glass and I snuggled deeper under my down comforter and smiled.

Ahhhhhh. Warm and toasty under the covers and wild and wintery outside. A perfect combination for staying home and not feeling guilty at all, at all.

So, what am I going to do today? My early morning student is busy this morning so I have some time for myself. I'm 3/4 through re-reading Emma Shelby is No More, the 485 page novel I wrote. It's not easy re-reading...I've read it so many times in the past twenty months. First writing it. Then taking it chapter by chapter to my writing group. Then as my writing improved rewriting it. But now it's done. Once it is edited...everyone should have friends like I have...I will check it again and then send it off to California where my dearest darling other brother is waiting for it.

When it rains I always think that it's G-d talking to me. OK, godda go. I think this is definitely soup weather. Wanna come for soup?

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one of the things that I miss about Jerusalem. The wind as it rattles the windows. The rain as it drums on the roof.

That WOW feeling as water falls from the sky and gives life to the earth.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Perez said...

You are sooooo lucky that you have rain. It is hot out here in Southern Califorina. I miss winter. Oh well.

I really wanna read your book. It sounds interesting.

Take care. What kinda soup ya got?

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Leann said...

what kind of soup are ya making?if its not the same as mine I may come.yes who could live with out winter.I am glad to see it go when it does.but praise Lord God for winter.I love to sit on the couch and drink hot coca and watch it snow,by the fireplace.I sat in alot this winter and watched it snow.we didnt get winter tell late but it made up for it.God bless,have a great week.and thanks for stopping on my blog.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

john honey come back already

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

perez i know what you mean...thanks about the book...barley/lentil/pea soup...come on over there's plenty in the pot

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

hiiiiiiiii leann...i know what you mean about sitting around keeping warm while it is blustering out there...ahhhhhhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home