Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MY FAVOURITE JOB...ALMOST

Two days ago my daughter-in-law phoned and told me that my little two year old granddaughter, sweetsie girl, was running a high fever. OY! She took her to the doctor and the baby has a little sore throat and some reddness in her ears.

Happens to kids (and Bubbie's too).

Yesterday, I couldn't help out as I was teaching all day.

But today I am free until around two this afternoon so I am off to babysit my baby. I have absolutely no idea how she is going to react being alone with me without her older brother, the four year old, sweetsie tootsie.

It is either going to be a wonderful huggy/lovey day or one of tears and cries 'I want my Mommy' kind of day.

I got up at five thirty and made a meatloaf, out of ground turkey, for my family. Won't have time later. And I'm off to shower, dress, and meet the kid.

The good news is that she loves me...she really loves me (oscar, oscar) and I don't have to tell you how much I love her and her brother.

She has a way of making your heart sing like only little girls can. Her brother is all businesslike. Last week when I was there babysitting he watched me wash the dishes and announced, 'Bubbie, don't use too much water! We have to watch the Kinneret!' For those of you who don't know...the Kinneret is our main water source and someplace there is a mysterious red line. We watch that red line...well, someone does and announces over the radio and tv what the situation is. I think if it gets too far down the red line then we drink tadpoles or something yukky like that. Sigh.

So, off I go. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went. But, good or bad, easy or not, I'm going to spend some time with my sweetsie girl...and could there be anything better than that?

Well, yes. Spending time without the fever and the ouchy throat and ears.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Enjoy and refuah shleimah.
I've been doing "I'm a little teapot" for my 2 year old gd.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

I hope that she feels better. Have fun!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Grandchildren. NOTHING like them!
Susan

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

I hope you have a wonderful day and everything goes well and the baby is much better soon. It breaks my heart to see little ones so sick. connie from Texas

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger CaraqueƱa said...

That's hilarious about little "let's save the water!" Sounds like a couple of my sons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home