Monday, June 25, 2007

GOOD FOOD GOOD FRIENDS

I had such a great day yesterday. First I fought with my old boss who for some reason still hasn't sent me my 106 form for the income tax people. Never mind that he still owes me two months salary, but that is a whole other blog. Sneaky, greasy, tricky fellow escapes among the loopholes of the law and comes up smiling like a rose. Kind of like our new President. And Brutus was an honorable man. Sigh.

Well, after I fought with my old boss and got his secretary to take over the case of Marallyn and the 106 form (legally he has to give it to me) I ran into the city to meet Bubbie Channah for lunch. We shared a lunch. Salad and lamb chops and grilled vegetables. Very nice. Bubbie Channah loves lamb chops. Of course she does.

Then we ran to Hamashbir, the big department store where they have her grocery store in the basement. We got all the stuff we needed and made our way in the 98 degree heat back to her apartment which is just up the street from there.

We put away the groceries and I had enough time to daven (tehilim/psalms...a promise I made to God a few years ago which personally brings me great peace) and then off I ran to meet Batya (Muse to those of you who visit her blog).

http://me-ander.blogspot.com/2007/06/choose-between-me-or-smoke.html

I figured the best place to meet was at the corner of King George and Ben Yehudah Streets at Cafe Max. When I go there I saw a nice lady standing outside but I figured who would stand and wait outside in this heat? So I went in. Two seconds later she phoned me...yup it was her outside. See the last time we had met must have been about ten years ago when I interviewed her as an English teacher for my learning center Shar Patuach. Unfortunately, we only took teacher who could teach matriculation and she wasn't at that stage yet. Too bad. She is and would be a breath of fresh air in any classroom.

Nu, so the smoke in Cafe Max was years old and we ran across the street to another little place I know where we ordered salads and talked until I had to run. See I was meeting Bubbie Channah and my friend Evie for supper! Don't ask.

Before I go on to supper, let me tell you that I didn't know who Muse was when I found her blog. All I knew was I loved her posts and started visiting daily. Today I have woken up with a new friend and I can't wait till we meet again. Now isn't that nice?!?

Off to supper. Now I have eaten a tiny salad and two lamb chops...a large salad with some salty cheese. Surely there is enough room for something interesting to eat yet won't blow my diet to smithereens. STEAK.

Off we went to Ragu, a really lovely place for...you guessed it...salad and steak. Bubbie Channah had spagetti. We had steak. And tea. I had tea with lemon and nana...mint. They had naked tea.

I don't remember a time when I went to three restaurants in one day...had wonderful fun with new friends and old and didn't touch one carb. Yahooooooooooooooo.

Go visit Muse on her blog. You won't be sorry.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom lance...thanks for visiting my blog...i tried to go visit yours but it is blocked...help

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember one visit to NY where I ended up going to Dougie's for lunch, then dinner then dinner the next night.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... fire poppers...

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Batya said...

Yes, I remember feeling that we were automatic friends way back when, and what a treat to get back together.

Yes, we really were good girls. We ignored that yummy looking roll with the butter. We were having so much fun talking...

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Batya said...

darling, forgive me,
You're tagged!
http://me-ander.blogspot.com/2007/06/tagged-gevalt.html

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Sounds like a good day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home