Sunday, June 24, 2007

OOOOPS SAID UPS

Bubbie Channah always said, 'Marallyn. I'm not going to get an ulcer, I'll give them an ulcer.'

I always knew who 'them' was. Anyone who upset her or hurt any of us were on her ulcer giving list. How marvellous to be able to externalize rather than hold every little hurt inside where it only festers.

See, Bubbie Channah is a Leo and I'm a Cancer. But I do have a Leo rising so I always kinda thought of myself as 'the mouse that roars'. You understand.

Now all of this intro is to tell you that after a lengthy correspondance with the UPS rep., I am now getting another 63.75 shekels back! Yahooooooooo for my side.

That means along with the almost fifty shekels they took off for other fees, I will be getting 110 shekels back from the original 236 that they asked for.

It seems that the UPS guy in Canada filled out the forms incorrectly making the package cost $122. My complaint always has been, why am I paying duty and V.A.T. on the postage that the Guv had to pay?

Oooops said UPS. :)

Our mistake. Of course it was! And you always knew it was! And I shouldn't be paying anything at all. And we all know that.

But why should I make poor Ilan from UPS have a miserable week? See, if it was Bubbie Channah, she would have said, 'No. Keep your 67.75 shekels. I want the whole thing back.'

But me? I'm happy for any money that is returned. BTW. Bubbie Channah LOVED the book and when I see her this afternoon for lunch, she'll give it to me and it'll be my turn.

My Dad AH is in the book. My Zaidi AH is in the book. My brother is in the book. Me and Bubbie Channah are chopped liver. I kinda thought that since I was the first person from Windsor that I know to have left to come to Israel, I should have at least had a mention. And Bubbie Channah moving at age 75 should get a little sentence, don't you think?

The Guv isn't mentioned either. So, I thought that we two should write a book called The Really Important Jews from Windsor where we could recall our lives together. Here are the Guv and Marallyn in Baskin and Robbins eating gazillion decker ice creams. Here are the Guv and Marallyn singing to a bunch of chickens on a farm. Here are the Guv and Marallyn at the Mikvah.

Now, THAT would be some book, don't you think?

When I get my 63.75 shekels back, I'll let you know.

In the meantime a sweet shavuah tov.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

6 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, I don't know the backgrond, but I am very happy for yu that you are getting back some "sheckels" as you say, from UPS! That in itself is quite something...So CONGRATULATIONS!

As to your comment on my blog....I thank you for the visit and let me just say...the BEAUTY of what happened was we didn't know Anyone! My dear friend Mark proved what Anne Frank said was true....
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are good at heart...".
Everyone he spoke with was a stranger and what he did was to try to appeal to their humanity....
And, he did. Mazel To All!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Val said...

Good for you! Another small victory for the little people!

And much as I'd love a book about you & Guv, I'll pass at the pic of you 2 at the Mikvah! :) You have a great day!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Susan said...

The squeeky door always gets the oil!
Susan

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Batya said...

Wonderful day with you, m'dear girl.
http://me-ander.blogspot.com/2007/06/great-day_24.html

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bubbie Chanie need to give some lessons on the topic of not getting an ulcer but giving instead

whooa am i opposite of her

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and of course meeting muse was great, i enjoy each visit to her blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home