Tuesday, June 05, 2007

ARE THEY NUTS???

I don't know about you...but I love chocolate. I mean I really love chocolate. I love chocolate bars...chocolate cake...croissants with chocolate inside....chocolate chips...peanut butter m$m's...chocolate ice cream...chocolate.

I have even been known to get out of bed, get dressed, and go to the store to buy chocolate. SHHHHHH don't tell Bubbie Channah. :)

I can't keep chocolate in the house.I try...but until I have eaten it all I don't stop. It's like an itch you have to scratch.

My cousin Romie came to visit from Belgium. Now, I have to tell you that I may have to leave my wonderful Jerusalem and move to Belgium. He brought me chocolates! He didn't bring me chocolates. He brought me CHOCOLATES!!!!!!!! And except for a precious few that I shared with people I really really loved, I ate them all myself. Have you ever heard of Leonidis Chocolates??? Have you ever tasted them??? DON'T ASK. I thought I died and went to heaven.

A couple of days ago I received an email about the most expensive chocolate in the world. I figured that I should go check it out.

Are you ready for this? ONE PIECE OF CHOCOLATE COSTS...drum roll...$250!!!!! One piece!!! 250 bucks...smakaroos...greenbacks...dough...lettuce...bread...dollars!!!

Are they nuts?

Here's the deal. There is this nice man, Knipschildt and he decided to make huha chocolates. And he invented La Madeline au Truffe

La Madeline au Truffe

La Madeline au Truffe Price List:
$250.00: 1.9oz
Qty:1

Looking for the most extravagant chocolate in the world?

Well you've found it. Knipschildt's La Madeline au Truffe was
recognized by Forbes Magazine as the most expensive chocolate in the
world.

La Madeline au Truffe starts with a decadent 70% Valrhona dark
chocolate, heavy cream, sugar, truffle oil and vanilla as the base for
the rich decadent ganache. (I think the magic word here is decadent).

A rare French Perigord truffle (a rare mushroom) (Truffle? In my chocolate? Next they'll put in safron...another meshuggeneh thing) is then surrounded by this rich decadent ganache; it is enrobed in Valrhona dark chocolate and then rolled in fine cocoa
powder. The result is pure extravagance! Laying on a bed of sugar
pearls in a silver box tied with a ribbon. (For two hundred and fifty dollars they should put in real pearls and real silver)

3 month shelf life. (Ptew!!! Like I'm going to keep my one dumb piece of chocolate for three months. Duh!)

www.Knipschildt.com

And if that isn't enough, there's also some crazy caviar that costs $250,000 a kilo.

As Desi said to Lucy, 'Splain me Lucy.'

Can you imagine? I don't think I would enjoy eating that truffle. All I can think of is that four or five of those chocolates equals a round trip flight to the States.

And only m&m's melt in your mouth...not in your hands. Sigh.


Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

13 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I am drooling!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Got to agree 'Leonidis Chocolates' are just simply devine!!

Just as well as I wasn't there - otherwise I would have been drooling all over the place!!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well that is utterly nuts! I never heard of anything even close to that...
Reading the ingredients as you gave them, I don't see anything in there worth $250. bucks....And I am a Chocolate Lover, like you!
Personally....? I think it is The Emporer's New Clothes...Tell them it is the most expensive and those that must be in 'the know' and have the dough...Will buy it!

I'm going to research Leonides, myself! (lol)
But I love hearing about Chocolate Scams, don't you?

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Don't think I'll be buying one of those. I'd probably have a heart attack, thinking about what it cost, if I ate it !!!!
Susan

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Geologychick said...

Belgium chocolate is the world's finest! I love it, too! I think my favorite has to be chocolate covered bananas! Yum!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Chocolate is full of caffeine so that's why people get addicted to it. My mother lived in South Wales and when I used to take the children to visit, there was always chocolate around and when I came home again I actually had to wean myself off it! I find if I only rarely eat it it's fine, but if I start regular scoffing, I get addicted again. Three days off, and then I stop thinking about it.

Greetings from Cheshire in the UK.
Please visit my site and say Shalom!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Chocolate is addictive because it is full of caffeine! My mother used to live in South Wales and when I visited with the children I became addicted again as there was always chocolate hanging around. Three days off it though, and I'm cured again, albeit with a caffeinne hangover.

Greetings from Cheshire in the UK. Please drop in on my blog to say Shalom!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Thanks for visiting Marallyn. I left a comment on your site but it didn't pop up after I pressed 'publish' so I assumed you hadn't get it. I tried doing it a second time so if it appeared twice, apologies!

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
That was funny..and so true!
There are a lot of trizillionaires out there and must have nothing to spend their money on:)
(I worked at a high-class veterinary clinic-not even going to go there)
I'm always wondering how these places can actually get away with those prices..are they realatives of the Queen or something? Did Paris Hilton bless their kitchens?
I agree, I couldn't eat a 250 dollar truffle and not get sick:) You must let us know when/if they you bankrupt..although..just selling one chocolate a week..I wonder if they are fresh?
My fav. is Dove:)
Carob..well, that is pretty darn yucky:)

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
That was funny..and so true!
There are a lot of trizillionaires out there and must have nothing to spend their money on:)
(I worked at a high-class veterinary clinic-not even going to go there)
I'm always wondering how these places can actually get away with those prices..are they realatives of the Queen or something? Did Paris Hilton bless their kitchens?
I agree, I couldn't eat a 250 dollar truffle and not get sick:)
My fav. is Dove:)
Carob..well, that is pretty darn yucky:)

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what's with Target and these fancy chocolates?!?
Wrong demographic peoples. Target shoppers are most likely smart:)
Cadbury..milk chocolate..yummm

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chocolate that we don't know, doesn't hurt..... if we never taste it. Find a chocolate you really love, and mentally, it will be the most decadent you have ever tasted. That makes you happy and content. I love Dove chocolates. I ate some chocolate from The Netherlands that was pretty scrumptuous too. The one I most enjoy however, is a Snicker bar!

Now, what's this about you moving to Belgium? Surely not just for the chocolate?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger The Wedding Guide Windsor/Essex County said...

I have never met a chocolate that I didn't like! I'd rather eat chocolate than have a meal!
And, I thought I was the only one who ran out to buy a bar to scratch "the itch".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home