Wednesday, June 13, 2007

HOW COME???

How come now that I am retired I don't have any time? How come I can't seem to fit evrything in to my schedule?

Well, that's not exactly true. I cook...I teach...I talk to my friends...I do everyting except find the time and space I need in order to write. I try to write my blog as I do so love to shmmoze. I try to visit your blogs as I love them too. Like a virtual family we are sharing our lives and isn't that just wonderful?

I guess my problem is that after the blog and my astrology column for the Jerusalem Post, I am not writing as much as I would like.

My two wonderful friends who are editing Emma are more than half way through. Thank goodness they like the book and enjoy the story , the writing, and the characters. PTEW!!!

I am now finished plotting out most of the next novel. See, in order to stay in my wonderful writing class we have to hand in about 2,000 words every two weeks. So, I started my new story. It's about a group of women who meet in an astrology class. The title so far is 55 Jacob's Ladder.

So why am I complaining? I'm not. I'm simply trying to figure out how come now that I am retired and not working a gazillion hour day, that I don't have the quiet time to write like I used to. I'll work it out. And I'll try to blog more and write you all more too.

Tomorrow remind me to tell you about 'The Paper Clips'.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

7 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Hello Marayllyn,

How hectic your life has become and shows how much you are loved by all - to whom you come in contact with.

Wrting is your talent and joy - may you alocate such a time and setting each day - to continue (in your wise words - "gift").

Take care and every good wishes.

Peter

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget writng to us.

Just BLOG.

(Well, except for me. You HAFTA write to me.)

- John

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I know of what you speak, Marallyn.
My husband and I are always wonderfing how we EVER found time to work we are so busy since we are retired!!!
Susan

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Val said...

Busy is good. It will keep you young and alive! Enjoy the many endeavors- - things will work out. They usually do.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL I've heard this complaint by many retired folks! I agree with you about the blogging friends. We love sharing don't we? I look forward to each *visit*!

So sorry to hear about your Rabbi.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks peter...stay safe my friend

john...you are sooooooooooo funny...xoxox

penless dontcha just love this stage???

thanks val...bunches

shalom pam...i look forward to the visits also...a lot

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I experienced the same problem with "time" when I quit the "job" to "stay home". Well, I'm never at home because I'm too busy doing all the things I didn't have time to do when I had a job...and because everybody know I "don't work", I'm the first person to call when they need help!! My calendar is more full now than it ever was when I had a 9-5 job! And you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything. I love being busy and productive. My volunteerism is the best "job" I've ever had. The pay doesn't come in dollars, just blessings and rewards!

I know when you lay your head on your pillow at night, you feel a great deal of satisfaction. You are a rich blessing to so many.

P.S. Dittos to John's comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home