Wednesday, June 27, 2007

YESTERDAY

Yesterday my friend Batya (Muse) tagged me and I thought I would have the time to figure out what to do and how to do it, but I didn't.

So, Batya, I'll carry on the tag tomorrow when I have more time. Sorry.

See in one second, yesterday I lost my mind. Actually, I just pushed something and erased all my files and worse than that...if anything can be worse than that, I locked myself out of Netscape, my internet connection.

Ask my how I did that....go ahead. I don't know. I pushed something by mistake and like magic it was alllllllllllll gone. Everytime I tried to access gmail it said that the default server was in use and I couldn't get in. But, it also said I could access a new identity. So I did. And voila here I am after about ten minutes of utter panic. The down side is that now I have to password everything, but that's not so bad. When it annoys me too much, I'll get my computer mayven to come and fix it.

Now my files. In a stroke of genius I upgraded everything onto my Flashkey two days ago and except for a page of writing on my new book I had everything that I lost. Ptew!!!

That was a little excitement for the morning. Then I went to the Malcha Mall with my daughter and we went to pick up my son's babies...you know them...the now five year old sweetsie tootsie and his two year old sister sweetsie girl and take them to a Brit (circumcision) for my neice's baby. My son Joe College couldn't take off from class and my babies' parents were coming from work. What a wonderful afternoon we all had.

When it came time for the brit my son put his kid on his shoulders and stood up front. All of a sudden a look of horror came over my baby's face and he grabbed his privates. My daughter and I lauged like hell but the truth is that the kid only did what I imagine every man thinks as he watches a circumcision. Sigh.

There are some moments in a child's life where he/she will never be the same again. The moment he really knows where babies come from. The moment he/she knows there is no Tooth Fairy/Santa Claus/Easter Bunny. And now the meaning of the covenant between the Jewish people and God.

As my Dad AH always said, 'Jews were born to suffer.' Sigh.

Then last night my writing group met at one of the women's houses to help her celebrate the final chapter of her book. What a great feeling that is. Bravo my good friend. Great book...great story...well told.

So twelve hours after I left the house yesterday I got home, and crawled into bed. We are still in the middle of a heat wave that has temperatures between 95-98 degrees every day and it is hard to function in that heat.

The only one who is loving it, is my daughter. She loves the heat. Yesterday I told her, that if God forbid, she ever went to you know where, she would sit in the heat and go 'AHHHHHHH'. But then, I figure that Heaven is a place where you can pick your rooms. Mine will have air conditioning. Hmmmm now that would be an interesting blog to write.

Well, off I go. Teaching in the Mall at 7:30 and then have to run home to teach two more students. Then off to pick up the babies from their nursery schools. Both their parents have afternoon meetings so I get to be good Bubbie. Yahoooooooooooo.

Once again M. Mazal Tov on your book! And thanks for a marvellous time last night.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

5 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you all enjoyed last night's meeting, and thanks for your compliments on my book. Now all that remains is to find a publisher. *sigh*

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Marallyn, strokes of genius only come to those who ARE. So, pat yourself on the back for being such a smart person.

And a big Mazel Tov to you Miriam! Glad to see that you've launched your book!

Yet another lovely post, Marallyn!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Batya said...

You're quite a busy lady. Yes, the meme can wait until you're ready.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Val said...

Marallyn, you are SUCH a great blogger... i LOVE reading your daily stuff... bubbe one minute, book club member the next, brit attender with some nice observations all thrown in. Just plain NICE!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

shalom miriam...again mazal tov and good luck with the publisher...i know what you mean...sigh

hiiiiiiiiii john honey...miss you

shalom muse...thanks...meandmy computer...sigh

shalom val...i love your blog too...i love to come visit...you are an honest and brave blogger and i love hearing about what is going on in your life...shabbat shalom my dear friend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home