Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FLYING

Well, my novel Emma Shelby is No More is completed. Yesterday I finally finished my last edit and she is getting ready to fly to the States.

Today is Tisha B'Av. A day of mourning. The destruction of our Temple. Twice. Those who are religious are fasting. Restaurants in the city are closed. All places of entertainment in the city are closed.

I love this city. I love how she honours her past.

No, I do not fast on Tisha B'Av. But my oldest and his wife do. So later after I finish teaching, I'll run over there and help my DIL with the babies. AHHHHH, I do so love the babies.

What does all this have to do with Emma? Thanks for asking.

After I completed Emma I made two phone calls to the States. One to my brother Dovidle who is the most amazing and bestest brother in the universe and who will be printing it up and mailing it off to our other brother (we don't know who adopted who when we were about nine...but who cares) who will turn from brother-in-love and bestest friend to both of those plus agent and mentor. How lovely. My two book ends. What a lucky person I am.


Well, I phoned them both to tell them that Emma is flying (gmail attatchment from my laptop to theirs yahoooooooooo) and to be on the lookout.

But, then I stopped. I can't send Emma off on Tisha B'Av. Nope. Just can't. So, tonight when the fast is over and we remember to be grateful for our magnificent city, I will forward her to Dovidle.

Keep your fingers crossed. Wish me luck. Yahooooooooooooooo.

p.s. what a great feeling. Took me two years. It is 491 pages long. Pages that were blank before I filled them with the characters who have been keeping me company for twenty-four months. To tell you the truth, I was a bit sad when I got to 'the end' but then I looked at all those pages and said 'YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'. I DID IT!!!

Thanks to my wonderful writing group who made me better. Thanks to Evie and Joan who dotted my i's and crossed my t's and found the things that needed to be fixed/explained/worded in a different way. Thank you.

Nissyah tova, Emma. A good journey. Tfu, tfu, tfu.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

9 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is mighty exciting! CONGRATULATIONS! This is a major acheivement, for sure! I hope ALL goes well with your "baby"...two years to birth...Good For You!

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

One of your babies is making her way into the world. May she always be a tribute to her mother-author.

Keep writing!

- John

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Val said...

That must be such a wonderful feeling - completing such a goal. Good for you!

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marallyn , well done, nesiya tova to Emma tonight. What do I have to do
to get on to your blog instead of answering this way? I fast till 12 noon.
Kisses Val:)

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

even on tisha'b'av.... :-) I'm smiling! XXX love joan

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel-Tov! I'm looking forward to seeing it offered on Amazon and Barnes &
Noble!!
Xxx
Romie

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

thanks everyone...i really appreciate it...valerie i will send you the blogsite...yahoooo folks yahooooooooooo

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You did it!!
If it's anything like the first 3 chapters, I know it will be a best seller. I'm so proud of you! I cannot even fathom writing 400 plus pages of anything, much less following characters and keeping everybody straight. You are amazing, simply amazing. May your words be carried on wings of angels and find their way into the minds and hearts of millions.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Susan said...

A great day for you!!!
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home