Saturday, June 30, 2007

THERE'S SOMEONE BIGGER THAN MURRAY!!!

Just up the way from my apartment...about a half hour's ride, is the Dead Sea and near there among the salt pillars stands Lot's wife. I always wondered what her name was...Shirley? Beatrice? Sylvia? Penelope Lot sounds good, but doesn't particularly sound Jewish.

Where was I? Oh yes. Sdom or Sodom as it is usually referred to is just a stone's throw from where I am sitting. For a very long time I have been trying to figure out what the hell is going on here in my country of choice. And then this morning I woke up at 6 and knew...Sdom!

Our government is corrupt. Probably half if not more of the men and women sitting in those hallowed seats should be in jail for God alone knows what and yesterday our former President Katzav copped a plea bargain and was let off. For those of you who don't know, our former President Katzav was under indictment for rape and sexual harrassment. And he copped a plea!
And the Attorney General said, 'OK'.

ARE THEY NUTS?

My first thought was of Gerald Ford who pardoned Nixon as his first piece of business when he became President. Maybe it isn't nice for a former President of the United States to sit in jail. What would the neighbour's think?

So maybe our A.G. felt the same. Not nice. But our neighbours all know. Well, actually the entire world knows. As for our neighbours, they are busy arming to attack us one way or the other.

And that brings me to the reason for this post. What in heaven's name is God thinking when He looks down at his Chosen People these days? And I figure He is remembering Sdom.

I guess all we have to do is begin bargaining with God. How many righteous people is it going to take this time in order for Him to save Israel?

Boggles, no?

Mel Brooks, as the 2000 Year Old Man...my most favourite character since the 60's said something like this:

M.B. We wasn't nations, we was caves.
C.R. (Carl Reiner) Did you have a national anthem?
M.B. Of course.
C.R. Do you remember your national anthem?
M.B. Of course! You don't forget a national anthem in a minute. AND THEN HE SINGS: Let'em all go to HELL, except Cave seventy-six!

C.R. And did you have a leader?
M.B. Murray.
C.R. Murray?
M.B. Yes, Murray. Murray was the leader of our tribe.
C.R. What happened to Murray?
M.B. Well one day lightening struck him and we said, THERE'S SOMEONE BIGGER THAN MURRAY!

In all the mess we are in today. In all the mess the world is in, we seem to have forgotten that there is someone bigger than Murray. And, God help me, I do believe He is going to start sending down fire and brimstone sooner than we think.

So, if you know any righteous people living in this area...please send me their e-mails. Maybe we can still be saved.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

8 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Marallyn:

Maybe Lot's wife's first name was "Helluva"...!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Marallyn - Amen & AMEN. Oh yes God is BIG and Israel is HIS chosen people, we Christians have just had the privelege of being graffted in. He Has not, He will not turn away from His chosen people. You are prophetic in what you have written today.
Susan

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Batya said...

great post
great seeing you

Here's what happened... after we parted:
http://me-ander.blogspot.com/2007/07/i-wont-stand-for-it.html

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

brilliant pearl...still laughing

thanks penless...good to have a friend

shalom muse...wonderful seeing you again

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger TO BECOME said...

I believe it is not going to be long before God brings His judgement on the whole world. You are right, It is becoming too much like Sodom. God will have the last say.

The things you wrote in the first part of your post were so exciting to me as I recall the many times I have read about those things in my Holy Bible. I am so glad that Jesus died for my sins and paid my sin debt so that no matter what happens in this world, I am asurred a place in heaven with him.

I loved your post. Thank you. connie from Texas

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Pen of Jen said...

I am with Susan, very prophetic post and I am glad to have read it.

Sorry I have not left any comments lately forgive me.

I pray that all is well with you
Jennifer

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The root meaning of "righteousness" in Biblical Greek is "right". Righteousness is the act of being justified or to be "in right standing" with G-d.

Mankind is basically corrupt and lacking in righteousness and totally incapable of making himself righteous. It is only through the atoning work of Christ the L-rd that man can be made righteous. This was stated by the Prophet Isaiah (chapter 54:17) "Their righteousness is of ME, saith the L-rd." In justification by FAITH man is forensically made "in right standing" with the demands of the law by the atonement of Christ. In sactification man is progressively made righteous in character and conduct.

Yes, there are righteous people in Israel. Yes, G-d WILL save Israel!
You are His Chosen and He loves you just as you love your children and Grand-children, only He loves you so much MORE! I love you too!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Love the way you make a statement with your humor! Deep thoughts here but written in such an entertaining way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home