Monday, July 16, 2007

PRESIDENT PERES

And pigs can fly!!! We have a new President. And thanks to our Prime Minister, who himself got the job because of a fluke, Shimon Peres is now President Peres.

I can't believe it. I don't like the man. I don't trust the man. For a lot of reasons. A whole big fat lot of reasons.

But, I must admit, that I was moved by his speech. He even had me teary-eyed at the end when he blessed our soldiers and the State of Israel. He did. But then, I'm a sucker for anything that has to do with this country.

As the shofars sounded, and the trumpets blared and we did our version of Hail to the Chief, I had to take a deep breth and pray that Mr. President doesn't do us any more damage. Lord knows, he's done enough already.

But, let's give the guy a chance. For some reason the man is the world's darling...the Elder Statesman...the peacemaker. I won't go into that right now.

Interesting, however, that while he was busy reminding us of our heroic leaders, Ben Gurion, Itzhak Rabin, Arik Sharon...he left out Golda and Begin. Well, there goes the President of all the people, I guess.

We live in interesting times. Once again I have to say that I have learned that 'boring is better.'

Good luck, Mr. President. Good luck Israel. Sigh.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Many of us here in the U.S. keep our eye on Israel because you truly are God's timepiece.
Susan

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Leann said...

do not know the man.all I know is the Lord says to pray for our leaders.even if we do not like them.God can change the heart of the king and a president aint much different..
we do live in odd times.the USA is looking for a new leader.and if the right one does not get in all the world could suffer.
all I will say is I will not be voteing for old Hillery...
and I will think about moving out of the country if she were to get in...yuck yuck...
((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Lord help us get the man in office you want...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home