Sunday, July 08, 2007

HI I'M BACK!!!

Shavuah tov. Sorry to have disappeared but I was overloaded with work, tfu tfu tfu, and couldn't find the time or strength to sit down and write.

Three of my twelfth graders have their bagrut...matriculation exam in English this coming Thursday and we have been doubling up on lessons.

Then my sweetsie tootsie turned 5 and we had a hu-ha b-b-que for him this week. What a great time. My DIL's family came in from B'nei Brak and Beersheva...our side showed up and between the adults and the kids there were a gazillion of us eating and enjoying the kids. Wait! Wait! That doesn't sound right. :) You know what I mean.

Oh, and then there was the dentist. Good thing he's my cousin and the best dentist in the country. The good news is that he can save my teeth. The bad news is that, EVEN AFTER A HUGE FAMILY DISCOUNT, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, it's going to cost me the national debt. Sigh. All I can tell you is if you don't take care of your teeth they will come back and bite you in your tush. Well, where you keep your money anyways.


The best news is...are you ready??? After hollering and writing a blog and sending out e-mails, UPS has refunded me another 75 shekels!!! Remember the story how my friend the Guv sent me a book about the Jews in Windsor? And she thought she was doing a great thing and sent it UPS? And they charged her almost a hundred dollars for a one pound book? And then they charged me 230 shekels to accept it? Well my dears...I got back almost 50 up front and now I just received another cheque. Yahoooo for my side. And good for UPS. They still shouldn't have charged me anything but hey good for them.

Ok. Off I go. I have two students on their way. Then I am running into the city to meet Bubbie Channah and my friend C. who is taking us out for lunch for our birthdays. And then I'm running back home to teach another student. Then E. and I are going out for dinner to celebrate our two birthdays. Hers is Monday and mine is Wednesday. Nice no?

I have one more week of non-stop teaching/running/stuff...and then I should be much freer and will try my best to blog more.

Shavuah tov.

Have a great day...stay safe...and thanks for dropping in.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Val said...

Good to have you back! ;) But it sounds like you're having a blast even without us! :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

More years mean more candles and that means a bigger cake!
Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Sheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home